ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio VS 350z

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
And if it had been stripped it would of been a dot on the horizon.
RWD is gay
Clio ownz

lollerskates.gif

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That 350z wasn't driven properly at all, and f**k overtaking on that blind bend

Listerine & Poledo
whichever way you slice it, I'd far rather have the Nissan than the Clio.

every day of the week

even snow days

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The video like the 200 vs FRS video, proves heehaw imo.

It just adds to the crazy owners out there who think because their tin can can handle a few corners it makes it the best car ever made.

I'm sure the 350 owner wasn't exactly gutted that he wasn't driving the clio. Maybe for 1 day out the month when he wanted a lairy B road blast for all those other times I think he'll be happy with his purchase.

Ask Dave if he could have one car to use daily, it certainly wouldn't be his Trophy. Sometime there is a little more to driving than what's faster in ze twisties, omgz I got a cup! Lighweightz porsche killer.

Stripped yozza'd cup

It just adds to the crazy owners out there who think because their tin can can handle a few corners it makes it the best car ever made.

I'm sure the 350 owner wasn't exactly gutted that he wasn't driving the clio. Maybe for 1 day out the month when he wanted a lairy B road blast for all those other times I think he'll be happy with his purchase.

Ask Dave if he could have one car to use daily, it certainly wouldn't be his Trophy. Sometime there is a little more to driving than what's faster in ze twisties, omgz I got a cup! Lighweightz porsche killer.

I don't really see the problem. I guess that most of the people that believe that their Clio is rapid are young.... probably their first 'performance' car. I'm sure you felt like that about your Clio at some point.

They'll see in their own time and then probably buy something quicker.

You always post in these threads complaining about people thinking their Clio's are fast. I really don't understand why, just leave them to it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I resent the last comment, Roy mentions it a lot.

The reason I may comment on the comparisons is because they are clearly silly. Why would you ever have a heavy RWD car chasing a tiny FWD car up a twisty road. I could have told you what would happen in the video without watching it.

They frustrate me because the young Clio owners now think they can outrun 350z's ffs! It just compounds the whole "twisties" metality. Lets make a video of a motorway blast and we'll see the clio sometime next week! It's pointless drivel imo.

Maybe i'm just getting older. It's still fact you'll struggle to go quicker in a car for the money you can buy and R.S Clio. They are absolutely fantastic little cars.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive had lots of different cars in the past and much quicker ones that my current one. But like you say pound for pound you will struggle to find a nicer balance of affordability/fuel/enjoyment than the clio. And lets be fair any car you get there will allways be quicker ones. Personally not a fan of the 350 although they do sound rather nice.

Dan.

Listerine & Poledo
I reckon a mk2.5 MX-5 would give a 172 a run for its money on anything twisty.

Mind, even if the Clio made for the horizon, the Mazda would still be more fun. More to life than getting form one car park to another ;)

Still, >4 cylinders rulez

Z4

I agree, but personally for my circumstances I'd rather have the clio!
It's almost cool on this forum to knock rs clios now, and the people that are actaully still excited by the handling seem to get flames by others!
Only a couple of weeks ago on m3cutters there was a thread on rs clios and how capable they are! For what they are, they're a fantastic drivers tool. That may not be the top priority for everybody, but it's certainly up there for me.

I drive the odd evening and weekends, so I want something totally different to my works van that will put a smile on my face, however if I were traveling 30miles+ to work in my personal vehicle I wouldnt consider one tbh, probably get a mile muncher, m3 is best of both worlds! ;)

Z4
Ive had lots of different cars in the past and much quicker ones that my current one. But like you say pound for pound you will struggle to find a nicer balance of affordability/fuel/enjoyment than the clio. And lets be fair any car you get there will allways be quicker ones. Personally not a fan of the 350 although they do sound rather nice.

Dan.

+1. cheap fun at the end of the day, cheap to buy, cheap to repair (apart from cambelt) and good mpg, I don't even want to compare it to my m3 as I will be violently sick lol.

350z is a poor car IMO, far too heavy and it's an ugly duckling. Would e a nice cruiser if you like how it looks and not fussed about speed etc.
370z is a huge improvement, especially the rear end, the 350 looks awful from behind like it wasn't quite finished!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I always like the 350, the facelift was a very nice car. Did pretty much everything you would want from that type of car.

I wouldn't pick up the keys to it for a B road blast though, then again who would.

Cheap small cars are always fun. The 106gti I had was the most fun I ever had in a car apart from doing anal with an Ex.. ahem anyway.. :eek: It's true the Clios are bloody awesome, taking nothing away from them at all.

The fact that even the 200 cup is ranked beside some of the finest metal in the world shows Reanult still make cracking drivers cars.

There are not the be all and end all though. We are on a Clio forum though.

Stripped yozza'd cup
I resent the last comment, Roy mentions it a lot.

The reason I may comment on the comparisons is because they are clearly silly. Why would you ever have a heavy RWD car chasing a tiny FWD car up a twisty road. I could have told you what would happen in the video without watching it.

They frustrate me because the young Clio owners now think they can outrun 350z's ffs! It just compounds the whole "twisties" metality. Lets make a video of a motorway blast and we'll see the clio sometime next week! It's pointless drivel imo.

Maybe i'm just getting older. It's still fact you'll struggle to go quicker in a car for the money you can buy and R.S Clio. They are absolutely fantastic little cars.

That's very true, and I completely agree. I just don't like to see people, that are clearly just excited about their new car or finding a good road, getting flamed because they think it's fast.

Roy is the worst for that, every time someone mentions that they've had fun in their Clio, he's there, ready to shoot them down.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols he's just fishing mate, like Robson Green except older.

I can actually remember the feeling of driving the RS Clio for the first time. It really was the quickest thing across a country road. I still admire them, all the way from PH1 to the 200.

I actually went for the FRP instead of the Trophy actually so it shows you I hold them in high regard. I even had a thread about it! :eek:

RB One Eight Two
That clio driver is a hero. Just shows how great the 182 handles, always puts a smile on my face :)

Z4
That's very true, and I completely agree. I just don't like to see people, that are clearly just excited about their new car or finding a good road, getting flamed because they think it's fast.

Roy is the worst for that, every time someone mentions that they've had fun in their Clio, he's there, ready to shoot them down.

Yes, but Roy has a frs 350, enough torque to spin the earth off it's own axis, and nearly enough power to straighten out Alan Carr iirc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Trophy would own in 9/10 departments.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I love CS.

Clios are a hot hatch designed to be thrown around corners

350z's are a GT Cruiser designed to just eat the mles comfortably so not exactly a great comparsion when on a twisty road.

Good video mind.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oooft! I'm definitely not hungry today, big lunch you see.

Robson-Green-in-Extreme-F-001.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
nice video, this is CS.net and we can be proud of videos like this lol

the RS was designed for this though to be fair

but they are fun, hence why ive had 3 :D

ph1 would of killed the 182 in the twisties though ;)

Yawn. Drive the 350z like a lot of people seem to drive their clios and you'd die within the first few corners.

Saying that, my friend barrel rolled his trophy yet has managed not to crash his 350z.

Give me a nice sweeping A road and I'll wait for both at the end ;)

Im with ya.

He's just bitter because a 200 keeps with the FRS in the twisties.

Evo 5 RS
FRS is an electronic tug boat with a nice gargle, it is neither A. A 350z, or B. a cheap french car which holds it's own on B roads. I love the Focus, I think they're great.. but why is it being mentioned lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
My mates valver used to dust enzo's n s**t man he even beat loads of scoobies.

"DONT TALK s**t"