ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO WARRANTY

Renaultsport RS 200
Hey guys I recently posted a thread with regards to lowering my clio RS 200 and getting an Akcrapovic exhaust fitted.
After a quick word on the phone to Renault they say if I carry out these changes it will invalidate my warranty and the 4+ package that came with the new car.
I am not sure as to what extent and if its worth just going ahead with it. Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you speak to a Renault dealership (generally clueless, especially if someone asks them a question that they don't know the answer), or Renault UK?

i snooze and i lose!! Beaten to it!

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it was me, i'd fit it, then if the engine blows up put the standard stuff back on.

Renaultsport RS 200
I spoke to the service department of the Wakefield Renault dealership, franchised by Harrotts mind. Reckon I should call Renault UK ?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've had work carried out under warranty on my 200 which has exhaust mods.

The dealer know it as well. Pretty sure they'll only void the warranty of the parts that would be effected by your mod.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I spoke to the service department of the Wakefield Renault dealership, franchised by Harrotts mind. Reckon I should call Renault UK ?

Not that I am saying your dealer is incorrect, as modifying a car under warranty is always a grey area, however to get the final answer I would recommend asking RUK customer relations. The number is 0844 369 0000.

Renaultsport RS 200
Sorted it out, I phoned Renault UK and they said it would have no affect on the 4year+ including servicing and breakdown cover. However It would affect the warranty to the extent that; only issues related to the modifications would not be covered.