ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio - what irritates you the most

VW Potato

Theres a few minor things that bug me a bit about the Clio, but the one thats way off the the irritation scale for me, is the turning circle/poor lock.

Whats your biggest Clio-gripe (excluding dealers)?

g

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Lack of the number 6 on my gearnob

and the turning circle!!

oh and why are the relays so loud!

apart from that its great. (could do with a 3.7l v6 tho)

insignia

the interior plastic has already started bubblin and flakin off after 1 mths of ownership.no washer ball in right socket,thin paint 2 stonechips already.but its worth it!

I am actually pretty lucky in that I have not got any rattles that I actually notice. When on a bumpy crappy road then of course you will get rattles, that happens on any car. I am not trying to say the build quality on Renaults is great as we all know it could be a lot better but I am very very happy with my 172 at the moment.

I cannot really think of anything that irritates me about it to be honest. Oh yes I can..... the standard wheels ! Especially now that they have started putting them on the non-RenaultSport versions ! A change is needed me thinks !

the f**king water, being in my car is liked having a mobile swimming pool, when it rains outside it rains inside, not for long tho.... new sunroof going in next week:D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 16 March 2004

I am actually pretty lucky in that I have not got any rattles that I actually notice. When on a bumpy crappy road then of course you will get rattles, that happens on any car. I am not trying to say the build quality on Renaults is great as we all know it could be a lot better but I am very very happy with my 172 at the moment.

I cannot really think of anything that irritates me about it to be honest. Oh yes I can..... the standard wheels ! Especially now that they have started putting them on the non-RenaultSport versions ! A change is needed me thinks !

White!! get white prorace!! do it now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 16 March 2004

I have the most annoying sunroof squeak, and also the clicking from the wiper relay.

-Rob
yes i had that its called flex and bad handle design.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 16 March 2004

I think you cant hear cause you have got you helmet on!;)

Chris
WHAT ?! Cant hear you ! LOL ! That could well be it ! You should try it ! Makes the Clio rattle free ! It is a small price to pay...... and you look cool too ! Although, someone did tell me that I looked like a power ranger ! LOL !

:cool:

Tom, you are going to have to show me some of these wheels, PM me with some pics if you feel the need !

Dai (The Orange Power Ranger) - "ITS MORPHING TIME!"

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mine dont actually rattle...thing i hate the most is the juddering in 1st gear under hard accel :mad: ... aside from that im happy

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

creakin suspension and noisy relays and what homer said about that bit it misses on the windscreen!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by 172mgw on 16 March 2004
windows misting up.although this might b a mk2 prob only?

Happens if you have had the air-con on ..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The body roll used to bother me a bit, but that is sorted now, and now that it is sorted I think the seats arent as supportive as they could be, especially cornering hard.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

i love mine... all the little creaks and rattles are all part of her personality, all cars have them, not just renaults.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

creaking sunroof - defo delete option if you could get it!!

oh and the constant stares for being in the coolest car on the planet (as we all are in Clios)

wait for the "are you bollox?!" replies......

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 16 March 2004

i love mine... all the little creaks and rattles are all part of her personality, all cars have them, not just renaults.
my mk2 gti doesnt (1991 model), and my mk3 gti (1997) didnt either,

the fact my clio (2001) is french annoys me and typical crap build quality!!!

experience a german car and thee will know the difference!

hence as soon as i get more money i am getting a cooper s works or a VW again!

The annoying creeeeeeeky sunroof.....but oh well i agree its all part of me clios personality...:D

But one thing that is REALLY beginning to annoy me is the fact that my GF now wants a Clio when she passes her test......and i am SOOOO scared of the fact that she might get a BETTER one than mine which is also cheaper too....aaaaahhhhh (hence me only showing her the naf ones on ebay) sshhh

Anyway mines the best.....and im gonna rub it in as often as i can....haha:devilish:

Clio 182 cup'd

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 16 March 2004

Ha! you keep telling yourself that!lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

:D Dont need to convince myself.. i already know it. But im sure if i had a brand new car and it rattled id be annoyed, but i dont.. just get on with it.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I dont notice any rattles on mine and its 12 years old. But then I rearely drive with the radio low let alone off.

What does annoy me is how everything that goes wrong seems to cost a fortune as it always seems to be an engine out job!

Also lack of tunability, next cars gonna have to be turbo powered I think!!

Octavia VRS

things that annoy me most?

sometimes the car feels good at handling then crap!

rattles

thing that annoyed me most was 3 months after i got my motor about a year and a half ago, the immobiliser packed in. i took it to reno livingston (which is now reg vardy) and even tho the clio was under a years warranty, they charged me 100 quid! I created a HUGE song and dance bout this and told them exactly what i thot of them in front of other customers! They said rust on a connection to the immobiliser had caused the problem. To get my car back I had to pay half of the charge! W*****S!!!

Megane 225

Just to add my $0.02:

CD changer cartridge rattle!
Wistling right by my right ear on d/cs or m/ws

Plus most of the others mentioned except the sunroof - seems sturdy enough (leccy).

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

i hate the water noise u get around the sunroof - happened to both my clios

in the new shape the relays for the window wipers are gettin annoying!

best way to solve this is to pump up the volume!!!