ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Wheels, please help!

Hi, I'm 17! and looking at putting new wheels on my 2001 plate, 2002 model Clio. I would like to put some 17" alloys on it but was not sure whether they would fit correctly, or whether the arches would need modifying! as well has anyone found any problems with wheels this big? and do they have any pictures???

Thanks!!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
go for some 15s and drop it on its arse. 17s will weight it down too mcuh plus its cheaper for 15s

Well i wanted to put the 17" megane sport tourer alloys on, my mum has them on her megane, and i thought they might look good, do 17's fit without modification?

I think the 225s are 5 stud - not 100% sure about the rest!!!
The rest of the randge has differetn sized some use the same PCD etc wheels.
Well i wanted to put the 17" megane sport tourer alloys on, my mum has them on her megane, and i thought they might look good, do 17's fit without modification?
Check if she has 4 stuf then they will fit PCD wise but offset could be difficult IMO 172's are to bi they look silly with normal ride height.
17" alloys on it but was not sure whether they would fit correctly, or whether the arches would need modifying! as well has anyone found any problems with wheels this big? and do they have any pictures???

Do a search fred on here has 17's on his car and is massivly lowered.

They'll fit right if you use the right offset and tyre width etc.

archs at the back might need a bit of material cutting away deepnd how low you go as well at the front you might fint it cactches the arch liners so either removal and underseal or else sort the offset and lowering.

IMO 17's are way to big 16's are the limt and 15's the best size realy.

Thanks for your help guys! Think ill stick with my 15's! they keep the acceleration sweet as well. Did 0-60 in 11.2 seconds other night, average of 3 runs!! good fun!! Me and a Friend, Drop of V power and go go go go! and its only standard!!

Thanks for your help guys! Think ill stick with my 15's! they keep the acceleration sweet as well. Did 0-60 in 11.2 seconds other night, average of 3 runs!! good fun!! Me and a Friend, Drop of V power and go go go go! and its only standard!!

Remember your speedo is a bit out anway 60 indicated is about 56