ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO WILLIAMS 1 SUNROOF

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

were the clio williams 1s made with a sunroof???? cos ive been viewing 1 today and there was no sunroof??? i checked the logbook and it is a definate clio williams 1 with full service history and 1 owner...

i checked out some of the clio williams 1s on the gallery and they dont seem to have 1????? please help....is it a genuine williams im looking at????

Williams 1 has a gold plaque with the production number on it, no sunroof and just electric windows i think...

Williams 2 had no plaque and more electric toys...

Finally the williams 3 came with ABS, electric sunroof and in monaco blue ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

If you can get one without sunroof go for it they always leak! I thought it was only Willy 3s that had sunroof.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

nope not blue wheels and its number 329

what is this about blue wheels??? there was a few other things.. a little pacth about size of a pound of bubbling of paintwork near to petrol cap??? could this lead to major rot problems?? and the fog lights on bottom of front bumper the lenses were cracked and obviously taking on water.. are these easy to find and fit new lenses????

cheers

190 BHP Willy 2

Spotlights are nice and expensive and rust needs sorting straight away and properly. It quickly spirals out of control and becomes a major job.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

where is this ad??? leave a link to it as i cant find it??? but service history on this williams i looked at was immense!!! fsh!

Williams: The original homologation special, 400 RHD cars, numbered individually and made in late 1993. Basically, Renaultsport took advantage of FIA Rallying rules that allowed engine capacity of up to 2.0 litres when a car was homologated (at the time, they were using the 1764cc Clio 16V as the homologation car). In order to do this, they had to make 2500 road-going 2.0 Clio examples. The car was named the Williams to celebrate the Nigel Mansel/Williams/Renault F1 victories, although it was basically untouched by Williams F1 Engineering Ltd. Nevertheless, Frank Williams is among the Clio Williams more famous owners.

The original edition was based on the Phase1 Clio 16V, with the various modifications basically concentrated on making the best hot hatch of the day an even more fitting home for the new Group A/N rallying 2.0 F7R engine. The Willy also wore that unmistakable trademark combination of 449 Sports Blue bodywork and gold/silver rimmed Speeline wheels, with wider tracks filling the 16Vs already pumped-up arches and sporting a larger rear lip spoiler.

The distinguishing features over the Williams 2 and 3 are the Phase1 exterior/interior trim ("retro" would be kind ), lack of sunroof/electric mirrors/ABS/basic sound system. None of the three editions have any mechanical differences worth mentioning.

Williams 2: Such was the amazing public and press reception for the original Williams (see http://www.cliosport.net/articles/williams-2.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/articles/williams-2.asp), that Renault produced a second batch of Willies in 1994: much to the anger of the original Williams owners. Still, with numbers of RHD cars at less than 400, these are again very rare. These were also Phase2 cars, which in line with the general Clio range are smoother-looking and more soundproofed cars - see elsewhere for details. The Willy 2 gained some of the refinements of the Clio 16V lost on the original Williams, such as electric mirrors. Still no sunroof or ABS and still 449 Sports Blue in colour.

Williams 3: Renault again gave in to the pressure and produced a final edition in 1995. These cars were again limited to under 400 RHD examples and were Phase2 models. They are distinguished by their Monaco Blue pearlescent paintwork (shared with the Clio 16V), which is a lighter colour than the 449 Sports Blue. These final editions came with an electric sunroof as standard, with ABS as standard (I think, or at least a very popular option).

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by FATBOY on 28 January 2004

nope not blue wheels and its number 329

what is this about blue wheels??? there was a few other things.. a little pacth about size of a pound of bubbling of paintwork near to petrol cap??? could this lead to major rot problems?? and the fog lights on bottom of front bumper the lenses were cracked and obviously taking on water.. are these easy to find and fit new lenses????

cheers

Fog lights you can get from Paul at Infinicar for about £25 s/h.

The Willy 1 with sunroof would have had it added later (not uncommon to have it done to cars in the late 80s/early 90s), unless its a 16V shell conversion with all the correct bits from a Willy 1 including dash plaque.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

hello speiro mate! what was that about the fog lenses??? get them from?

Fog lights you can get from Paul at Infinicar for about £25 s/h. how do i get hold of him???

some williams 1s did have sunroofs, should you specifiacally request on original order.

as for the limited to 400 that was tosh, a hand full were produced aftter the officail 400, mine was number 416 and had a sunroof, and a gold renault badge.