ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams Gearbox

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Been offered a brand new gearbox at a crazy price. From a breakers who also have a 40k Willy engine so may get both or just the box for future replacement when my 16v box dies.

What numbers should I be looking for on the box to check it is a genuine Willy box and will it be evident that it is brand new just from looking at it?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Cheers Daz.

Been seriously contemplating a Willy eng to get gasflowing, cams, verniers, maybe pistons etc to try and get near 200bhp. Due to the cost involved may spend this money better on my 1.8 as the 600-800 plus VAT or 1200 all in for 40k Willy eng and brand new box could go a long way to mods on my existing eng.

May go and get the box £375 plus VAt before haggling for future replacement when my old box knackers or mods require it as it seems a steal.

Yeh that seems a pretty good price as Renault charge £550 +VAT for an exchange recon box and ive just payed £225 for a low mileage second hand one (although that wasnt a bad price either). Go for it m8.