ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams gearbox

Renault clio wiiliam
Hey guys ,new to the forum, I be git recently a clio williams, and I found a jc5 gearbox from a 182 ...does anyone know if it fits ? Currently I ve got gearbox from a diesel 1.9 I think and I hear a lot of whining ...so any info on that too it would help too ,thanks !!

Renault clio wiiliam
Jc5014 is the original box I think ...
20191103_134225.jpg

Attachments

• 20200301_121534.jpg
    20200301_121534.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 69

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
You can fit 172 phase 1 or cup as yes you need the speedo drive. Swap the top mount bracket and battery tray too to the 172 one, bolts straight in as does the lower front mount.

182 box will physically fit but can't fit speedo cable and that affects road speed sensor and as a result idle running etc too

You can fit 172 phase 1 or cup as yes you need the speedo drive. Swap the top mount bracket and battery tray too to the 172 one, bolts straight in as does the lower front mount.

182 box will physically fit but can't fit speedo cable and that affects road speed sensor and as a result idle running etc too
Thanks, Coops! :)

Renault clio wiiliam

What's the difference between 172s and 182s box ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Phase 1 172 and 172 cup boxes have speedo drive for the mk1 cable to fit into. 182 does not. Different ratios between all 3 too but that's sort of beside the point