ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio won't start, no spark

I have an '04 plate 1.6 sport clio which wouldn't start back in the cold spell. When I eventually got round to looking at it I charged the battery and had a fiddle with a couple of relays/fuses and it started. I couldn't put my finger on anything in particular I had done so just guessed that the battery was on its way out.

The following day it failed to start again, on trying a coupld of times it fired up but immediately cut out. Today I had a fiddle with the TDC sensor, it then started and ran fine. I came to the conclusion this was the faulty part so took it out to give it a clean.

When I put it all back together and tried to start it the car wouldn't spring into life. It turns over fine but won't fire. I have checked and there is no spark to any of the plugs.

Is it likely to be the TDC sensor at fault? I can't think of a reason why me taking it off and cleaning it would have left the car failing to start completely when it had started before.

I am reluctant to but a new one in case it is something else so want to explore all options. Any suggestions, or similar stories then please let me know!

Thanks-Simon

PS Would the throttle position sensor or potentiomete prevent the car from starting, or would it just cause it to run erratically?