ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio x reg twin cat

clio 172 2001 model
Hi ,my first post to the forum. However i joined and read through the posts a few weeks before i purchased my 172 clio sport back in september 2011.My question is i am just getting to the financial stage of spending a bit of money on my much loved car.The exhaust on my baby seems to be a mismash of stitched together sections obviously from the wrong models with an array of u bolts and modified mountings it is forever woorking loose on the joints.This car has twin cats as an x reg 2000-01 model ,can i replace these with a single cat as there seem to be an abundance of these on the market but the twin cats seem to be like rocking horse shoes to get hold of.sorry if this question has been asked before but i cant find it in the searches that i have performed.Pete ,aldershot Hampshire

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome!

The ph1's should have the twin cat, are you saying your cat needs replacing or that the system from the cat back needs replacing?

clio 172 2001 model
I thought it best to replace the whole system in one go,but i guess i am trying to understand why the early models had twin and later had single cats,surley twin is better for performance.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
In your position, I'd do the following...

Buy a second hand good condition cat (possibly off of someone on here if you join up and can see the market place)

Go to a good exhaust place.

Have them build you a system and use the cat you've picked up.

Then you'll have a shiny new exhaust and a good condition cat.