ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioIII 1.6 - Lambda Question

Clio
Hi everyone,

On my clioIII there are 2 lambda sensors. I recently upgraded my exhaust as the first one I had was badly bent and welded and too small.

On the first exhaust both Lambdas were where they meant to be, one on the stock manifold and the other just after where the cat used to be. Performance was 100% expected, normal fuel economy and no ecu errors.

The new exhaust, the first lambda sits at the first collector. Its a 4-2-1 branch. The 2nd lambda was disconnected and a blanking bolt put in place where the 2nd one should sit at the 2nd collector. Car performance is way better with new exhaust and fuel economy better too. However while checking for ecu errors with my Fastchip during my service this week, there is a current error, obviously saying 2nd lambda is missing.

The 2nd lambda sensor doesn't seem to make any difference to performance, before exhausts, old and new exhausts. Does this make any sense? Or what is the 2nd lambda used for?

Clio
Ok thx. So if the cat and lambda isn't there, how does the ECU respond, in other words, how does the map adjust fueling?
As there aren't any other errors other than the one saying the lambda is missing.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The post-CAT Ho2 is purely a checking measure and It doesn't adjust the vehicles running. It simply triggers the MIL to say the emissions output is higher than it should be and that you may need a new CAT.

Mick