ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioIII lowering springs

Hi people.

I'm interested in lowering the Clio suspension.

There are a few brands that have lowering springs for the ClioIII 1.2l for example Eibach 30mm in both axles, H&R 45mm, FK 40/35mm and APEX 40mm(I think).

Probably I will choose the H&R 45mm springs but I will continue using the standard Shock Absorvers, (the car as only 2000miles yet) so can I fit this lowering springs without having problems like rear springs jump off from the rear axle in case of lift the car to change whells or something like that?
img1363jl4.jpg

I toke a photo, rear axle has the same system as ClioII axle.

I chose an example phot from fubbar's Clio RS:
part10_1.jpg

As we can see the spring isn't very well "connected" to the axle, cause the car is lifted up. Is it possible that the spring disconnects totaly from the axle?

I'm sorry if you don't understand my question cause my bad english talking, I am portuguese.

Thanks in advance.

As we can see the spring isn't very well "connected" to the axle, cause the car is lifted up. Is it possible that the spring disconnects totaly from the axle?

I'm sorry if you don't understand my question cause my bad english talking, I am portuguese.

Thanks in advance.

Nope the sprin has to be compressed before the rear shock can be bolted to the suspension arm so its help in compression all the time.

Nope the sprin has to be compressed before the rear shock can be bolted to the suspension arm so its help in compression all the time.

Hmmm.. I'm seeing thanks for the explanation:cool:

By the way what brand would you choose between Eibach, H&R and FK

Thanks.