ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio's in motorsport

none, just walk
is it only the clio cup that you find the clio in?
i love rally and btcc but they are not in there, but there is a 206 in wrc so why not the clio?

Clio's are a bit small for BTCC, would prob get run off the track! Clio Maxi's compete in Super 1600 rally class IRRC.

Expect there must be one or two in the smaller amateur (correct term?) championships - can't recall any of their names.

Rally cross perhaps too?

Various
Ahh but the Clio Cup is all that you need!
Great fun - I compete in the Hungarian Clio Cup, up to 40 cars on the grid, 2 or 3 abreast round corners, brilliant!

Great fun - I compete in the Hungarian Clio Cup, up to 40 cars on the grid, 2 or 3 abreast round corners, brilliant!

You lucky b*****d! The UK Clio Cup is awesome :approve:

How did you get into that?

British Rally Championship:

Dale010001.jpg

Rallycross:

msa_british_rallycross_championship_2005_0050.jpg

Ice Racing:

OrangeRenaultCSG06-01.jpg

is that a mk3 ice racing?? looks like a new vee could end up looking like that. (if you squint your eyes abit and move away from the screen)

Various

You lucky b*****d! The UK Clio Cup is awesome :approve:

How did you get into that?

I'm working in Budapest, so I found a team over here run by an English guy who has 3 cars & did a deal to rent one on full arrive & drive basis.

So far, only seen one car barrel roll (right in front of me, back part of the Hungaroring, driver was ok). Lots of nudging, scraping, but generally in very good spirited sort of way.

BTCC is for touring cars the Clio isn't the right size. Megan would be more suited.
Clios used in the German race series.
Team thingk run one in britcar I think.

Theres a load used in rallying of different types.

There also Clio varients ie the 4 door one used in some seriers abroad I forget where.