ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios on 17s

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
R3OBC's from way back in the day!

000_0025.jpg

Nice skirts :s

PB Clio 172
Nothing wrong with 17's they handle the same and if people dont like them then dont put them on your car- simple

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My old one in 2004/5. Lowever 60mm

Without kit

old1.jpg

With Kit

DSC01110.jpg

This is 18s not lowered AT ALL (This was before I even had my licence circa 2003!)

clio-1.jpg

PB Clio 172
Re: Clio's on 17s

My 172 had 17s on it when i bought it. My arch liners are ripped to pieces and that was on standard springs.

Mot to mention they look f**king stupid on 17s

I run 17's now and I have sportlines on mine and I have no problems!- strange that!!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I run 17's now and I have sportlines on mine and I have no problems!- strange that!!

Lol SAME HERE !! I run 17's pro race on eibach sportlines, get good lightweight wheels handles better than it did on 16s the handling thing is a load of bollox IMO . If they are Big heavy chavvy wheels with incorrect offset and ride height look s**t then Handling not as good. They will not catch or rub with the right offset , Most people who say handling is s**t have never driven on 17s just believe everything they read on here !!

ONLY 5mm diffence in overall diameter with the right tyre size compared to 16s anyway.

Read FREDS post 4 in this thread !!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?42860-Help-please-I-want-17-s-on-my-clio&highlight=17s

Do what you like mate take no notice of the sheep .
:D

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172

Lol SAME HERE !! I run 17's pro race on eibach sportlines, get good lightweight wheels handles better than it did on 16s the handling thing is a load of bollox IMO . If they are Big heavy chavvy wheels with incorrect offset and ride height look s**t then Handling not as good. They will not catch or rub with the right offset , Most people who say handling is s**t have never driven on 17s just believe everything they read on here !!

ONLY 5mm diffence in overall diameter with the right tyre size compared to 16s anyway.

Read FREDS post 4 in this thread !!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?42860-Help-please-I-want-17-s-on-my-clio&highlight=17s

Do what you like mate take no notice of the sheep .
:D

+ 1 on all of that

I have 17's on my Clio and I love it. Like you said I have the correct offset they handle just like 16's and if the CS sheep say '17's handle crap' then they have not driven an RS Clio on 17's ! Or something was not set up on the car when they got them. I am buying a new set of 17's before christmas so look out for the pics and all the '16's/15's are better' comments! 16's and 17's tyre price is the same so why not go an inch bigger- bigger is better right :rasp: