ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clios on Track at Combe

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
What spec was the bright orange cup racer? Standard... Or did it have some engine work?

I was talking to some of the guys who were with it. Apparently ktec own it, apparently to develop an ecu?

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Lovely day today at Castle Combe

I walked by the clio stand and all cars where gorgeous.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I did see a few CS'ers early on (I was in my Trophy) but deliberately stayed away... sorry, wasn't being rude but currently full of flu'. :( I did pop over to the stand but not a single person was there. Still, I grabbed a few photos so will post them up in a day or two. I also got a fair few track shots of folks so will put those up soon, too.

Good to see you again peejay / original boy racer!

Qashcow
me and quade went with a different club this year, was parked up just before Quarry.

something happened to the engine on Grays old car about 4 laps into a morning session, sounded like on 3 cylinders or something then never came round again :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
What spec was the bright orange cup racer? Standard... Or did it have some engine work?
I was talking to some of the guys who were with it. Apparently ktec own it, apparently to develop an ecu?

the car is Clio Cup racer 006, as far as i could see its all original, what i would give for one of those, mikey was with it today, that lad can drive, said it was pne of the best handling cars he's ever driven.

me and quade went with a different club this year, was parked up just before Quarry.
something happened to the engine on Grays old car about 4 laps into a morning session, sounded like on 3 cylinders or something then never came round again :(

you looked gorgeous today

Storm Grey 200
I did indeed get some photos of grays ex, I will post them up along with the stand pics when I get some time. If anyone does want pics of their car pm me, I have loads more of each Clio on track, just didn't bother purting them all up

Phase 1 172
I've been home since 830 that was a long arse drive! Was good to meet you all today I had a whale of a time even doth the problems!

stopped to see this towards the end of the day, lee your a nice guy mate, and that clio is truely epic i am litterly in love with it, sequential box for the win!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
stopped to see this towards the end of the day, lee your a nice guy mate, and that clio is truely epic i am litterly in love with it, sequential box for the win!

thanks mate! Was nice to meet you too. Maybe next time il give you a passenger ride.

Yay Nick, you got some of me :)

web.jpg

That blue Ph1 with the orange wheels didn't look too pretty after its off :(

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
That pick-up running the scooby engine etc was pretty impressive!

Faded trophy
Very disapointed to see the only other inferno up combe was spinning out on track.

though to be fair atleast you didn't hit anything so was all good

haha i know cant belive i spun was so glad it was on an open bit and not near the walls lol defo need new rear tyres was horible in the wet lol

Inferno 182
haha i know cant belive i spun was so glad it was on an open bit and not near the walls lol defo need new rear tyres was horible in the wet lol

yeah deffo needs some tyres by the looks of it! was good to see another up there though

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The back tyres shot then or did you touch some kerb as the back end just totally let go! lol

Couldn't really see from my dodgy camera work ;)

Faded trophy
The tyres arnt the best and I clipped the curb aswell I think doesn't help that I'm a screwdriver either lol

Great video, made me laugh. Was a great day out and even better for hammering the good old cup round the track again, Im just glad it fried out by the time i went out. And Lee's cup racer was amazing!!

I saw you, i was with the lad with the Corsa B infront of you in the que in the 12:30 session? He got black flagged for being too noisey on track.... Shame really, awesome little car!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The tyres arnt the best and I clipped the curb aswell I think doesn't help that I'm a screwdriver either lol

Haha didn't they tell you the curbs aren't part of the track during the briefing?

Well at least not in the wet ;)

All good fun though got you some attention!

Faded trophy
Haha yeh they did lol but I think uteas a double whammy as the back went I clipped the curb so was proper fucked lmao. Glad a wasn't the only one was about 5 spins on my session lol