ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's with Tow Straps

Vw Passat, clio 182
nick172cup
ALX_2428.gif

CLIO PH1 172
iv had one sitting on my desk for a while now but i dont see how i can attach it!

does any of the ph1 boys have close up pics of how its atached? please

CLIO PH1 172
thanks for that burp i was just curious to how it fitted through the front of the bumper looks nice im going to have to cut it :D

RenaultSport 172
I had a OMP tow eye fitted before so I just got a bolt and tightend it up. Easiest way I suppose without destroying the hole for the next owner is to get a bolt the same dimensions as the renault tow eye so you can screw it in the just remove it with no fuss.

182cup & 172 racecar
It did cause a head scratching moment,but angled bracket seemed to be the only way.As Jay says,they have both been used:eek:

ph1 track weapon
mines been welded to the mounting point. have tested it for strength and holds up well

Clio v6
There's some yellow thing hanging from your front bumper. Just in case you haven't noticed it.

One Phat Clio
what colour strap whould look nice on a black clio? I was thinking white but soon enough it would become very dirty!

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
I've got a black Clio and I've got a blue one! I was thinkin white as I have white wheels but also thought how dirty it wud get!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think they're better looking than a nipple ring but still can't figure out why on a road car you'd want or need one?! surely bright colours will get manky over time?

ive had mine in a little over 4 months now, cup with purple tow strap, may have seen it at trax? will get pics up. theres a way to mount them which isnt immediately obvious but allows you length of teather u want hanging out. basically a long threaded bolt maybe 100mm with three locking nuts, bolt needs to have same thread as oem tow eye, thread the tow strap onto new bolt an attach nut behind it to nip it up. then wind on another nut half way up threaded bolt, place bolt into position behind trim and screw into oem hole and bang a nut on the back and nip up the other nut to suit. you can see how it can be adjusted to have more/less strap. oh and if for actual use and not show purposes you might want to get an angle grinder and buzz a straight line the length of maybe 100mm wher the oem hole in the trim is to allow the strap left and right free movement as being towed out the kitty litter or at an initial angle could snap and break your trim. all typed on ps3 , forgive me.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
mines and hold harness i had lying around that i hacked up and got the woman to sew to a chopped down renault towing eye

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
JT6T1056.jpg

Wowaweewa!

Nipple rings are gay, straps are acceptable.

One Phat Clio
does this size bolt ( Size M16 x 50mm ) fit all clios because i need a bolt also to fit my tow strap stabiliy.

Thank you!

Ph1 172
Reviving this old thread. Do these wear out the paint that it lays on? I guess with the wind it would move around and scratch up the bumper a bit.

Ph1 172
Nope unless it's been sat in direct sunlight for a long time
Well I have a 2001 ph1 so it had plenty of time in the sun I would believe. Paint is looking decent now, I don't know if I'd like to ruin it in case I'd decide these tow straps are not something I want.