ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 3 Vote

Which is the best picture?

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.8%

Votes: 3 6.4%

Votes: 33 70.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here goes again, a tough one but we ended up with some interesting/creative entries. Vote will only be open until tomorrow evening so we can get a challenge started ready for the long Easter break (so if you are in the running, think of a new challenge now)

A couple of members failed to specify which entry they wanted put forward, so I've stuck to the rules and taken the first published pic...

Please just reply with the number of the pic you are voting for until a poll magically appears.

267682531_7e3EZ-L.jpg

267682560_jqMuf-L.jpg

267682559_JHCCJ-L.jpg

267682565_Qoeib-L.jpg

267682603_yaNW7-L.jpg

267682625_5DsuV-L.jpg

267682634_TMeoe-L.jpg

267682641_h8H4G-L.jpg

267682650_23E7B-L.jpg

267682656_Cp4ey-L.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not sure how a few of them fit the entry requirements!

4's probably the most fitting, but 5's the best pic.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I still think the subject was too ambitious. For me, non of the photos represent the title of "the affects of modern industry on wildlife".

Fair play for having a go though, more than i could manage.

5 due to the sign no fishing due to over head power when the heron is stood there fishing obviously the sign only applies to anglers not birds but i think it fits the brief well

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Difficult topic and it stumped me, so well done to everyone who got something.

5 for me.

106 GTi
When I saw the challenge it was like one of those horrible briefs I dreaded at Uni.

As other have said none really seems to answer it. But 5 is the best shot.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Five is probably the best photo, but i vote 4 because if a duck crossing the road doesn't fit the brief then i don't know what does.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Five is probably the best photo, but i vote 4 because if a duck crossing the road doesn't fit the brief then i don't know what does.

personally i dont see how it fits the brief

more than a sign saying it cant fish there
The way i see it is; the duck is interacting with the road in a way that the heron isn't with the sign (unless the idea is that the heron is choosing not to fish).

edit: I've just looked back at the original thread and think the best one is actually the kingfisher one from planetx

Last edited:
i suppose it could be seen in a few ways ironic in the fact that humans arnt able to fish but the heron can and its because of us that we cant fish but he can as he isnt swinging round a huge lightning conductor

or that its been cheeky as its stood just inside the area it can fish

tbh non of them really fit the brief a duck walking over an empty road certainly isnt

if the duck was walking over a busy road holding up lines of traffic then yes but the roads empty

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
tbh non of them really fit the brief a duck walking over an empty road certainly isnt

if the duck was walking over a busy road holding up lines of traffic then yes but the roads empty
Suppose so. I think the problem was that there weren't enough people trying. More pics would have led to more inspiration..

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've gone with No. 5

I voted against my own Photo as said on here none really fitted the Brief so went with Pic Quality, I have a DSLR for the Weekend so get a New title up quickly so I can get some Better Pics :D

The original idea/concept was to keep it simple so everybody could take part and get a shot relatively easily within a week, and something that was 'do-able' for the average person (i.e. something around or near home) on any given day.

Obviously however it's not up to me what the next topic is, it's down to the winner. Saying that it would be good if they would consider everybody and choose a accessible but interesting topic. I kind of envisaged really wide-open but creative ideas such as 'Tree', 'Size' or 'Spin'.

Suppose so. I think the problem was that there weren't enough people trying. More pics would have led to more inspiration..

I found it hard enough to find some wildlife fall stop inbetween life/work and stuff (only daylight hours I see at the moment are at weekends!), let alone finding some situation to show how it might be effected by modern industry.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i think the football one is amazing, can really see the mould on the ball!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
It was a difficult challenge, one to which I was unable to rise to due to other things going on. It is also hard to decide which photo fits the remit but as it's a photography competition as well, I have voted for 5 as it is by far the best of the bunch. Well done to everyone who took the time a trouble to enter. Might have a go at the next one! If time and weather permits.

VaVa
5 definitely, although the 'effect' on wildlife is slightly tenuous (is the heron likely to pay attention to the no fishing signs?! lol) it's a great pic, and without modern life the sign wouldn't be there.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Can't believe nobody found any roadkill!

Late entry?

roadkill.jpg

Modern industry is very much 'on' this little cretin...

Do i win? ;)

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
5 definitely, although the 'effect' on wildlife is slightly tenuous (is the heron likely to pay attention to the no fishing signs?! lol) it's a great pic, and without modern life the sign wouldn't be there.

When I looked at it, I took it to mean no fishing whatever, as if the Heron should play by the rules aswell. So it was just stood by the waters edge thinking what it should do. That was the feeling I got from the picture.

VaVa
I took it that the Heron was putting two fingers up to the sign and getting on with catching fish lol. Great pic anyway!

182 & Porsche 986
5, fits the brief well & good photo

hope the next challenge is something more open so i can enter this time

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Maybe it'd be a better idea for people to post what they think good challenges would be and then let everybody vote on what the challenge should be - the previous winner then gets to select the 10 entries that they like the most and then a poll could be opened (a week?) and people get to vote on the one which they want.

Last edited: