ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Photography Challenge Round 3...

B

Brown.

Out of interest, how do you define "modern" industry?

ie not not horse and kart. pre indusrtial revoloution......ie ny pic you take with wildlife and modern day ies today's industry in it...lol

like what i saw today...a bird nesting on an artifical tree (phone mast)....

remind me never to choose a round on this ever again lol

can this be extended till the end of the month lol

I really need a 18-200 OS for this challenge lol, carrying all my gear randomly about in the hope of catching a moment is err akward...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
On my way I came past these so stopped and took a few quick snaps on my compact and it was Bloody freezing aswell so they are rushed

SNV30373.gif

SNV30364-1.gif

SNV30368.gif

and I'll say this is my entry pic:

SNV30363.gif

can this be extended till the end of the month lol

I really need a 18-200 OS for this challenge lol, carrying all my gear randomly about in the hope of catching a moment is err akward...

You could buy mine... if you had a Nikon!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got a shoot on the weekend or next week with some tiger cubs lol... not sure if that fits though lol

LY 182 FF CUPPED
here more I did this afternoon......sat all prepared for Kingfishers and a bloody Barn owl landed near me.
Before anyone says something like..."it looks like a Falconry centre shot"
I can prove it isn't....
Bob these were all taken at Iden Lock....take you there sometime if you like....be my witness.
Again I know they don't quite fit the script...but it is wildlife...
DSCF6339-Edit-1.jpg

DSCF6346-Edit-1.jpg

DSCF6334-Edit-1.jpg

Then Mr and Mrs Kingfisher came along......oh and the Neighbour Mr Wren.

IDEN120308KFANDWREN.jpg

IDEN1203082.jpg

IDEN120308.jpg

And here is something slighlty closer to the script and something i have only ever seen in Kent...Swans eating stuff in fields
DSCF6448-1.jpg

Last edited:
B

Brown.

^^thats defo what i had in mind!!! Very lucky to have kingfishers as well!!! i havent even had time to get out yet :( stupid work lol

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I have been sneaking away each afternoon do some work for myself.....I am doing a project on Kingfishers.
Although the weather is poo at the moment....you get some nice light in the afternoons.

E30 318iS x2
I'm no photographer but got a couple of pics I'm quite proud of :)

1010078eie7.jpg

47765784iq3.jpg

photo0111jt5.jpg

Just shoing but thanks for looking :)

Rich :)

Last edited:
  VaVa
I'm pretty sure it involves cameras -- Stunning work planetx!

Still not had chance myself yet.... I had a shot in mind, then remembered they actually flattened the power station I was intending to use as a backdrop about two years ago LOL

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yeah it does involve night work...lots of.
Designed to keep you safe in the knowledge that you know you can sleep at night...just after mummy has tucked you in.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
I'm going to take a guess that you work as military surveilance or reconnisence (however you spell it).

But you've got some serious photo skills.

yeah it does involve night work...lots of.
Designed to keep you safe in the knowledge that you know you can sleep at night...just after mummy has tucked you in.

I'm going to take a guess that you work as military surveilance or reconnisence (however you spell it).

But you've got some serious photo skills.

That would be cool :cool:

Amazing pictures Planetx. Bravo.

Cupra
I was bored yesterday so went for a drive around to see what I could find, which was not very much. Wildlife is pretty much ducks and swans around here, and it is not too easy to find either near anything idustrial.

The closest I came was the below... a bird sat on the train power line....

2337494288_b09593be3b_o.jpg

1/30 | F22 | ISO 250 | Canon 40D & 24-105 F4L IS | Small amount of PP in CS2

The bird in question:

2336637169_cabc796e7d_o.png

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My two entries: Erm...

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

p.s these are my first ever DSLr shots, im sure modern industry and algae infested footballs are linked

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
^Lol.

Continuing the trend of shockingly tenuous links between industry and animals, here is my effort.

IMGP1005sb.jpg

Bit of explanation:

My idea was simple - get a picture of an animal and a building
tard.gif

I even managed to luck into getting a plane in frame too (i think. Hard to tell really), which i didn't even notice until i got it into PS to mess with the contrast :D

Not easy to get close enough for pics of any animals with a compact cam ;)

My two entries: Erm...

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

p.s these are my first ever DSLr shots, im sure modern industry and algae infested footballs are linked

If you ask me thats a a very close link with industry, as the structure of carbon is what is called buckminsterfullerine the molecules are held together in the same structure as football, a combination of pentagons and hexagons. These are the molecule structures that are found in soot from factories!! so that football, has some close links with industry! and the algae............. well that speaks for itself!!

All done on this one then, I failed miserably!

I will get a poll up for this in the morning before work so we can get a new comp started ready for Easter weekend.