ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliosport / sheep / bothered

just want to add that I copied neil's idea on the wheels, not because I wanted to copy him, its was because it looked great and red and black would look sick ;)

Its a forum so share ideas and show off your work, but I can understand what neil is saying, (just make sure your not parked next to each other @ FCS) :D

Think about them trophy owners.. how boring is it to be standard and parked up next to each other ;) Members on this forum have come up with some good and not so good ideas, and I am honoured to use the same style as neil on the wheels, even though I dont run on centre caps and one less of a oz sticker on each rim :)

^ btw wheels are changing soon.. Jay

After buying my black Clio my 2 nephew went out and got themselves black Clios..I feel quite flattered that they obviously think their auntie is soooo cool...lol.

VRS
I've thought about this too, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me. Why would it?

First with a Ph2 rear on a Ph1 172.
First with new-style RS badge
First to see how sweet white Turinis looked on RB (with help from Dan/Photoshop) ;)
One of the first with a 3/4 plate on here... going back nearly five years, mind.

Dan has his Ph-Madness... Ali has the "no sidelights" rule... Winston has, well, just Winstinct. ;)

Then saying that, who knows... and who really cares? People copy ideas that they like. It doesn't bother me.

lol i had a new rs badge before you :rasp: saw it on a few other cars before purchasing so i copied as well ;)

would have had the white turinis but anthracite looked better ;)

at the end of the day as others have said Neil you have to take it as a compliment when in a club this size otherwise you will be constantly pissed off, ive had loads of bits and bobs replicated on other racing blues, at first i thought cheeky buggers but then i thought sack it, i probably wont ever see these motors on the road and doubt i would regularly be seen with them and therefore gets comments from people about copying

take it as a compliment and feel safe in the knowledge that they just wanna be like you ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
First on the forum maybe? how do you know you were first to do all those things? :S

Plus, who's bothered really!

That's what i was saying!

People on here take things far too seriously... i mean, who really gives a poo?

Good ideas are copied.

/endthread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol i had a new rs badge before you :rasp: saw it on a few other cars before purchasing so i copied as well ;)

would have had the white turinis but anthracite looked better ;)

at the end of the day as others have said Neil you have to take it as a compliment when in a club this size otherwise you will be constantly pissed off, ive had loads of bits and bobs replicated on other racing blues, at first i thought cheeky buggers but then i thought sack it, i probably wont ever see these motors on the road and doubt i would regularly be seen with them and therefore gets comments from people about copying

take it as a compliment and feel safe in the knowledge that they just wanna be like you ;)

LOL... no chance! I bought mine when i had my Ph1!

I used a reg number from Meganesport to get the part number! I couldn't put it on the Ph1 though, since it had fixing holes :dapprove:

As for anthra... well ;)

VRS
lol whatever you rekon :rasp: i remember you checking the meggy number on a thread with me :)

btw anyone who want to copy mine....... DONT....... just offer me good money and i will sell you the bits :approve: hehe

VRS
lol

How's it standing at the mo? Semi-standard? :(

It's what made me buy mine :(

was remembering the old times fcs 06 when you and james said it looked mint and you would get one and they looked best slammed on standard cup rims.... then we both ended up with turinis lol

cars slowly getting back to standard, still looks mint mind :D just not the same :(

coilies and btb/decat will be off next week will put some pics in me thread then

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
:(

Aye, i remember that too... it was my favourite car at FCS that year. It probably still is... don't do it!

VRS
lol its too late now, was gonna go the racing blue meet but most of them have bits of my car in/on them :( lol

RS 172
I dont think there is much wrong with taking ideas from different places and putting them together for yourself. I mean, at the end of the day, forgetting those cars on here that are 100% factory standard, no two cars on here are identical.

Things like wheel colours (white on RB) is hardly theft of a unique idea; 2 people on opposite ends of the earth could have recognised that as a good match - but obviously I suppose there is a line. If it got to the point where I could hardly tell my car apart from someone elses in my area I may be a little peeved, but if your unique enough, nobody will be able to replicate it :D.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
am genuinely surprised this thread has gone to 5 pages now, it seems quite a good subject,

this thread has never been a moan about people copying / replicating etc etc, i will admit where ideas have been used similar to mine i did feel a little peeved but in all honesty i felt a bit of a cnut for feeling peeved...

i do find it complimentary and i do understand that most ideas are not unique in the wide world of car modifying....but i will still strive to come up with mods that are almost unique in the future...

as winston said ...the game needs t be stepped up