ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cliosport steering wheel

hi guys n girls,can anyone tell me if the rubber pads on the clio 172/182 steering wheel are prone to splitting?my 182 is an 04 with 25k on the clock..renault claim im the first with this problem and will not honour a warreny claim as they say it's wear and tear and insist there is no problem with these wheels.i disagree as a steering wheel should last longer the 22months.I want to take this further as my dealer just told me to glue it which really pi***d me off..has anyone else had the same problem with a car older than a year..they said it would have been done in the first year..is anyone else in the same boat????

Mmm do you know if their cars were more than a year old????until now the warrenty has been good...if those people who have had these wheels replaced read this thread can they please let me know the dealers they used???

Last edited:
never had this problem in my 182 (touch wood) and ive covered a rediculous milage...

the most ive had are scratches from nails etc on them, but these rub off...

They should be a warranty job...

as should my gearknob with the numbers rubbed off..

damn

Da

Less
very common, usually it's the 172 ones tho. I'd ring Renault UK to take it further mate.

yeah they fall to pieces
the leather came unstuck on my steering wheel and went a bit baggy - new wheel under warranty :)

mine was on 19k and was about year and half old..

Mine went twice on the 172 Cup - first at about 12 months, then again about 2 months before it hit 3 years old. Both times my renault delaer (speed six in Wrexham) replaced the steering wheel without question. Fault was the same both times - rubber thumb grip splitting.

Cheers