ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Close to burning my car out

Clio 172, RX8 231
I like my Clio, it's quick and fun to drive. Even with it's issues (that I'm currently working on) I don't mind it.

I'm about at the end of my rope with the immobilizer though. This f**king thing hardly ever lets me start the car and it's driving me nuts.

I'll have to lock, unlock, lock, unlock, sometimes for 10-15 minutes before the car will actually start and I'm pretty much done with it.

If I was driving it everyday (if it wasn't leaking copious amounts of gearbox oil) I'd have gotten rid already.

Is this common? Are there any 'easy' fixes for this?

Nissan 350z
Use your spare key and see if that helps, then you know the problem is with your keys coding.

Clio 172, RX8 231
Use your spare key and see if that helps, then you know the problem is with your keys coding.

I don't have a spare key for the car...

I've just seen in other threads that a poor battery can cause issues like this? My battery indicator is green but only a tint, it's mostly black.

I'd try a new battery anyway, regardless of windows, radio etc. working, when my old motors battery went all that crap worked but the car refused to start, even off a jump.

New battery solved it!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had a new battery fitted a couple of weeks ago and my immobiliser problems have now stopped (for the time being).

banther

ClioSport Club Member
It can be difficult to get the key apart.

Somewhere like Timpsons wont touch it.

Oh and change the battery as quick as you can - not sure of the exact time but I think in less than 5 secs.

330Ci cab
press and hold the button on the fob until the indicators start dancing and the doors lock/unlock. it happened to me when i had mine and changed the battery because it was dead.
that should sort it

Clio 172, RX8 231
press and hold the button on the fob until the indicators start dancing and the doors lock/unlock. it happened to me when i had mine and changed the battery because it was dead.
that should sort it

I held the fob for ages from when it was both locked and unlocked and nothing happens?

Clio 172, RX8 231
I took a look at the 3 black relays behind the passenger headlight and the connections were like a bluey/green colour. I cleaned them up and put them back in and the car fired up but cut straight out. Cleaned them more, same thing. Swapped them around and it fired up and ran but the revs dropped a bit now and then and it cut out once. I'm assuming it's a faulty fuel pump relay?

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, was getting really depressed.

Clio 172, RX8 231
I received my relays from RS and swapped them over. Car starts and runs okay now, so far. (fingers crossed)

Here's a pic, old and new.

DSC_0294_zps66e817cd.jpg