ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cloudy headlight surface

mystery machine
anybody kno how to get your headlights looking new again plastic lenses whos idea was that?:S cloudy look like lacquer has broke up

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's plenty of guides on here mate, exactly how to get them looking brand new again, but I'm afraid they're in the area for paid up club members.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
as said there are guides, i think youl find some you can access if you search, i havent done it as my lights are fly-eyed but i think what you basically do is use some very fine sand paper on them then a resin polish, but theres possibly more to it then that and you could make a mess of them so go easy

Clio Sport 172
Stuff the guides..... Mine were a bit cloudy when i bought mine, like you said, slightly cracked laquer....... Simple job to do,
  1. Rub down lightly with 2000 grit wet and dry paper.
  2. Polish up with polishing tool, you can pick one of these up for about £30-£50 (deffinately worth it though, polish the whole car while your at it, or just sell on ebay)
SIMPLES!!!