ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunk noise from front end

Evo 8 MR
Sadly I think I've damaged a mount today on the track from harsh throttle control at high revs. I was also using the gears to slow myself as the brakes were really sketchy which has pissed me off after spending £500 on them to get more fade than red paint in the f**king sun!

Anyway, I noticed when leaving FCS that when I change gear or set off from a standstill theres a clunk at the front end, also whenever I apply or disengage the throttle even remotely harsh it does it. I've had a look at the engine mount on the left which seems okay.

Would any of the gearbox mounts cause this?

I've also checked the top mounts and there's no play in them or the wheels. It's a quiet clunk but it is definitely there.

Any help appreciated.

Evo 8 MR
That's exactly what I was thinking. If I wanted to uprate this is the only option to get the powerflex bushes?

Also would you recommend I get a new mount or should I keep this one and just replace the bush?

I think Jamie filled his pants btw.

You'd only need to replace the rubber bushes as the twisted metal part seems pretty solid. I've got the powerflex bushes in mine but I replaced the whole thing because I got a cheap one of here. Also it makes life easier if I ever put it back to standard.

If you're in manc anytime you can try the spare one I have if you want? See if it makes a difference before you spend money.

Yeah Jamie was telling me about your brakes, good effort getting the DS2500s to fade by the way lol.

Evo 8 MR
You'd only need to replace the rubber bushes as the twisted metal part seems pretty solid. I've got the powerflex bushes in mine but I replaced the whole thing because I got a cheap one of here. Also it makes life easier if I ever put it back to standard.

If you're in manc anytime you can try the spare one I have if you want? See if it makes a difference before you spend money.

Yeah Jamie was telling me about your brakes, good effort getting the DS2500s to fade by the way lol.

Thanks Jon, I'll have a look at prices and get back to you.

The annoying thing is I was brake testing on the way home (when it was safe to do so) and no matter how hard I pressed they just kept biting. :S

Thanks Jon, I'll have a look at prices and get back to you.

The annoying thing is I was brake testing on the way home (when it was safe to do so) and no matter how hard I pressed they just kept biting. :S

Got my bushes from LarkSpeed although I think KamRacing are cheaper now once the 5% CS discount has been applied.

A few people have complained about the DS2500 being crap on track, over heating and fading. Still to get mine to fade although I've not been on track and I try and use the box to slow down as much as possible.

Evo 8 MR
The noise is getting worse, powerflex bushes turned up today for the dogbone mount.

I hope this is the cause!