ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunk on Full Lock

Over the weekend the Clio has begun to make a loud Knock when turning the wheels into full lock or when I m in going up a bump (say onto a drive) with the wheels turned over half way. The noise seems to only come from the front right side. I suspect it might be something to do with a possibly knackered strut top bearing but wanted some opions before I start down the line of replacing it.

Jon

when i had this happen mate it turned out to be a wishbone bush that was away... new wishbone and it was as good as new. hope this helps

hey mine is doing the very same thing, i get a strange drone noise though after ive been on the Motor way? ive had my lowwer arm replaced new springs and anti roll bar ! now ive been told its the drive shaft by a couple of garages inc renualt!

grrrr..

That what I hate about the dreaded clonk - its never easy to find the cause, always causes loads of hassle and when youve paid a garage a heap of cash to fix the problem they said it deffo was and it turns out not to be its not even their fault !!

Dreaded clonk = license to print money !!

Jon

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is a renault modification to strut tops etc which if done properley seems to work most of the time.mod is covered under renault warranty.

i had this problem with mine and had the work done under renault warranty..however didnt cure it so i have to wait until reanult themselves come up with a fix which to be honest will be never!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

mine does it a bit(but not as bad as some ive heard) but i am also waiting to see if renault come up with any further modifications.keep checking ren net but no updates as of yet.