ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk !

I get a slight clunk from the right hand side (Cam belt side) when I come off the gas driving around town sometimes. Has anyone else had this and what is it. I have cheched the top engine mount as I thought it could be that (Centre bolt was finger tight only, so I gave it a tweak, still no better.

It is not severe, you have to listen for it and it does not do it every time. It definately sounds mechanical though, a bit like drive shaft or CV joint but very unlikely as I have only done 3.4kmiles.

Me too - I get it sometimes when changing at slow speeds from first to second and sounds like its comin from the boot end?

Hey its just the Renault build quality for you, I have never had a car that has produced soooooooooooo many clunks, bangs, knocks etc from the engine bay. I have only done 3.5K and being back to the dealer 7 times!!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 14 March 2003

Me too - I get it sometimes when changing at slow speeds from first to second and sounds like its comin from the boot end?
Thats exactly what I get - still dont know what it is...

Yep mine too!

Mine has been back twice to have this looked at. First they could find nothing wrong, the second time I had the top mount replaced and everything else retightened - this got rid of it for a few days!! It certainly seems to be suspensionish and only happens at low speed when I lift off and even then not all the time. Something similar happened to my FTO when I had that and this turned out to be springs re settling in the mount periodically. It did not do any actual damage but was a bit annoying!!

No doubt it will go back to be looked at again some time!!

Twit