ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunk !

I get a slight clunk from the right hand side (Cam belt side) when I come off the gas driving around town sometimes. Has anyone else had this and what is it. I have cheched the top engine mount as I thought it could be that (Centre bolt was finger tight only, so I gave it a tweak, still no better.

It is not severe, you have to listen for it and it does not do it every time. It definately sounds mechanical though, a bit like drive shaft or CV joint but very unlikely as I have only done 3.4kmiles.

Me too - I get it sometimes when changing at slow speeds from first to second and sounds like its comin from the boot end?

Hey its just the Renault build quality for you, I have never had a car that has produced soooooooooooo many clunks, bangs, knocks etc from the engine bay. I have only done 3.5K and being back to the dealer 7 times!!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 14 March 2003

Me too - I get it sometimes when changing at slow speeds from first to second and sounds like its comin from the boot end?
Thats exactly what I get - still dont know what it is...

Yep mine too!

Mine has been back twice to have this looked at. First they could find nothing wrong, the second time I had the top mount replaced and everything else retightened - this got rid of it for a few days!! It certainly seems to be suspensionish and only happens at low speed when I lift off and even then not all the time. Something similar happened to my FTO when I had that and this turned out to be springs re settling in the mount periodically. It did not do any actual damage but was a bit annoying!!

No doubt it will go back to be looked at again some time!!

Twit