ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunking noises from Suspension

White, Phase-Slow :)
Ok, lowered my 1.2 clio 60mm last week with a set of PI lowering springs. For the next few days i was driving around and noticed that wen my car is still or at a very slow speed and you turn the wheel, horrible clunking noises were coming from the front left side. After investigation ;) i found that i left out the ?spacer? on the front left suspension unit, so i put this back on. Now, every now and again i still hear those clunking noises coming from the front of the car. Any ideas of whats causing these noises?

The thing that i was calling a spacer is a small ring like thing that sat on top of the unit (Unsure if its called a spacer or if its something else). :S

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Im also getting a similar problem with my dCi...

When stopped, if i turn the wheel theres a clicking sort of noise when near full lock...

No idea what it is but would be great if someone knows lol

Stava

ClioSport Club Member
I would imagine that if the suspesion is anything like my 182's then it will be your top mounts that are on their way out.

clio 172 cup
:mad: any 1 no's why my clio 172 cup squeeks when on left full lock it it squeeks only on a bumpy road??? please help!!! some said it was the engine mounts had them checked not them :S