ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch 16v

does any1 with a valver find their clutch goes hard and after a prolonged period of driving it goes soft??? Its startin to worry me.

A stiff clutch pedal can sometimes be a sigh of the clutch being worn right down . Temperature will affect the clutch pressure plate spring as it builds up, this may or maynot be your problem but it is something to consider especially if the mileage is getting high and you have no history saying the clutch has been changed. Because of the self adjusting set up cluth slip rarly happens just the pedal gettig heavier and cables snapping.

silver valver/hybrid

i think my clutch may be getting rather worn, its heavier than most valvers ive been in, and gets soft if im stuck in traffic for a while. its on the original i think and its on 54k now. Would it be worth getting a williams clutch fitted? i hear these are more durable, and what kind of cost am i looking at?

im on 92k with orig clutch. no probs yet but a bit notchy sometimes. also very heavy compared to me g/f fiesta 1.1. i get in hers and it like theres nothing under me foot :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Replaced mine a few weeks ago at 76k on the original. Quite a bite more precise as there was no real biting point before, just on or off without much pedal travel. Its lighter now and you can feel the biting point better.

how much are clutches to get fitted... eg if i went garage and wanted williams or uprated clutch and fitting and vat? and how hrd are they to fit yaself?

Yeah same as above, How much roughly to fit a clutch????

My milege is 90k and aint got no record of the clutch being replaced so mite be a good time to get it done!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Its an engine out job or you take the subframe out. Some people quote 12 hours. Paid my local garage where I take it 150 quid cash in hand and supplied my own clutch I got from GSF for 55 quid.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Thats a good price. My mechanic quoted 25 quid an hour and six hours. Also worth getting clutch cable changed at the same time. That was also a pig of a job (over an hour)

Bumder With A Buffer

Hmm think mine is difinately in need of changing. It slips like a b*****d sometimes when i floor it! done 103K miles though so not surprising. I had a quote from one garage who said itd be about 500-600 quid! f**k!