ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch advice..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Was just wondering how long a clutch should last in a clio? mk2 ph1 RN.

I have had the car for two years now and the clutch was changed just before i got it by my dad, but its already starting to slip??? Is this right?! (before you ask no i don't drive like a tw*t and burn the clutch out)

Is there anything else it could be that is making it slip? Like could need tightening etc?

Cheers in advance for any help. :)

P.s if it is fooked what am i looking at price wise to replace it?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
car is 1998, had done 58k when i done it, now at 81, car is driven hard, but clutch not abused, admittedly it was my first car so obv clutch wasn't treated beautifully for the first month or so.

Should it be about on its way out then?

If so is this gonna break the bank? (student)

Cheers for quick reply as ever.

BMW M135i
Not really surprised, assuming its a 1.2 should be more than a few hundrer quid to do it. It'd cost about £70 on parts if you could diy.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bloody wish i could diy, yeah its a 1.2, unfortunately, so if i was offered to have it done for 150 thats a good price? (friend works at a garage)

Cheers

clio 182
id rip there arms off for £150 i had mine done last week £400 its a 2.0 l but still think thats a bit much

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for the advice, any clutch that is better than any other? I get a soooper rate with this guy as i started to use him and now he also gets all 12 of my friends cars to work on aswell, so its good for me and him. :D