ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Bearing!!

TT
I had posted about a month ago about my car making funny noise when i put the clutch down at all, well i took it in today (my first available day) they just called me and said that my clutch bearings about to go?......

would this be covered under warrenty? ( its '05 plate) and it wasnt my fault!!

It should be. they shouldn't ever fail on a new car unless you've done mega miles and even then megga miles would mean motorway work ie little clucth work.
The only exception would be if you ride the clutch.

BMW M135i
Might try to argue its a wear and tear item like brakes etc, just stand your ground should never happen on a 05 plate car with 13k on it.

TT
can you not visibly tell general wear and tear just by looking at the state of the car?when he called me up about ordering the new part, he didnt seem to mention anything about it costing anything, he sounded as if he realised if shouldnt have happened and it wasnt my fault, but we'l see how it goes!

BMW M135i
You'll be fine if they've already ordered it as they'd have asked to go ahead if you were paying for it.
Yep you'd be able to see by the clutch itself if you been hammering it for 13k.