ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Biting point at the end of the pedal. Should i be worried? (Clio 1.2 2005)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Clutch Biting point at the end of the pedal. Should i be worried? (Clio 1.2 2005)

I've had a high Biting point on my clutch for a while now. Not sure if i should be worried?
It's a 1.2 clio 2005 year. Around 75,000 miles
I'm a bit of a car hypochondriac. So every bump and unusual noise I tend to notice it but this high clutch Bite has been like it for over a year.
Not sure if its normal or not?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

I've had a high Biting point on my clutch for a while now. Not sure if i should be worried?
It's a 1.2 clio 2005 year. Around 75,000 miles
I'm a bit of a car hypochondriac. So every bump and unusual noise I tend to notice it but this high clutch Bite has been like it for over a year.
Not sure if its normal or not?
I wouldn’t do anything until it starts slipping. My missus Tucson has 70,000 and that had a high biting point. We had the clutch changed when it also went in for gearbox synchros and the old clutch was in good condition.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry first part of your question. Slipping is when the friction material on the clutch disc wears down. When it becomes too thin, it can no longer grip the flywheel effectively, causing it to slip.