ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch biting point on a 16v/willy

Clio 172 cup

Dudes, how far up do you have to lift your clutch before it starts to bite

Should a newer clutch begin to bite when the pedal has been lifted back up most of the way?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

erm, isnt this to do with the clutch cable? you can alter how high/low the biting point is by Loosening or tighening the cable?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Just had a new clutch fitted after the old one (original) got so heavy after 76k. Old one you never knew where the biting point was, i.e. it wasnt much pedal movement where as new clutch is a lot lighter and biting point not far off depressing the clutch.

Thats odd mine is the same as and mines pretty old i think.

I never know where the biting point is on lifting the clutch, but sometimes its right at the top sometimes on the floor!

Quote: Originally posted by Black16v on 01 October 2003

Thats odd mine is the same as and mines pretty old i think.

I never know where the biting point is on lifting the clutch, but sometimes its right at the top sometimes on the floor!
sounds a bit weird m8 :confused:

williams and trophy

hehe u know where mine is jim lol

the prob with the adjustable biting point sounds like the plastic adjuster mechanism on the pedal is fukked

jim u goin york on sun mate?

Clio 172 cup

Not sure fella, i will try but cant promise anything

To be honest im quite tempted as its supposed to be bloody freezing on sunday which will make a change because every other event at York this year has been temperatures of 25+ which as we all know is fukin sh*t for a perfectly Rapid time.

I will only be happy once ive joined the 14 second club, which i feel i can achieve quite easily now as car feels so much more grippy with a new clutch in (ie no slip) lol

After that my ultimate target is to beat the time set by "the 1 in front!" :devilish:

These fukin piper cams better do the job! lol ;)

williams and trophy

lol

when the times been beat by a standard willy mate il bring THE 1 IN FRONT back out of retirement i think lol ;)

u know u wanna go tomoro lol

u know u wanna lend me ur chip so i can crack the 13s too lol

mwuuhahahahahahahahahaha