ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch fitted at `mr crutch`and got wicked vibration.....need advice asap please.

Clio 172
Hi guys , i had my clutch done on my phase 2 172 by mr clutch (only cos mick was booked up) the clutch itself is fine , a bit close to the top but ok , however when i pull away in first its a pig , it vibrates and shudders then once its moving its ok , i took it back and he told me it was the bolts on my gearbox mounting, (after trying to blag me and say it was a torquier clutch ... really lol)
now i though if the bolts on the mountings were shot then it would vibrate whilst changing into any gear .................................................... any thoughts folks ?

thsnks guys
mike

Clio.
Clutch judder when you slightly slip it to pull away? fault with the cover diaphragm spring or warped center plate I'd say.
It needs to go back to them.

Clio 172
i paid them 95 quid to do `the cone`? does that make sense? so its not the mountings then dudes?
thanks

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Wouldn't trust them at all, we paid them thousands for clutch and gearbox work on one of our Traffics at work, they did such a poor job the thing ate itself 10k miles later and needed a rebuild again. Luckily we'd sold the van by then.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
My GTi-6 was done by them (before I bought it, i'm not that stupid). I had exactly the same issue, very juddery pulling off. I took it to them to sort out as it was still under warrenty. They changed it again, it was juddering again a week later. I decided to do it myself the second time.

New LUK clutch, flywheel skimmed (for piece of mind) and all was well again.

They've either done a crap job or used crap parts (or both of course!)

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
they always use relined clutches. absolute shite.. it needs to come out and a valeo putting in

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Judder sounds like either a very poor quality clutch, or contamination with oil.

They'll never sort it, they only use cheap tat

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i had mine done when i had a saxo by mr clutch and NEVER again... they get a hell of alot of bad press! i even supplied them with the clutch and they still managed to **** it up! steer well clear!

Clio 172
390 quid , like i said i only went there cos mick at diamond was busy.they said its common that these clios rip the gearbox mounting away from the chassis... not sure about that to be honest .

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Given that they had to take that mount off the box in the first place to do the clutch, its weird that their highly skilled technician didnt make a note of it on your report that it was fucked and they are only saying that now you have reported a problem...

cowboys!

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. I've never seen any damage to the chassis. The mount will always eat itself first.

Also, Failsport hit a new record last night. Clutch change on a Ph1 172 in 3 hours 45 mins. Including a 15 minute break to nom a pizza!

Doing them in my sleep TBH.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PMSL. I've never seen any damage to the chassis. The mount will always eat itself first.

Also, Failsport hit a new record last night. Clutch change on a Ph1 172 in 3 hours 45 mins. Including a 15 minute break to nom a pizza!

Doing them in my sleep TBH.

Thats good going on a 172.

Coming from being spoilt with vauxhalls they really are a pain. My mates record on a cavalier is 15 mins!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
390 quid , like i said i only went there cos mick at diamond was busy.they said its common that these clios rip the gearbox mounting away from the chassis... not sure about that to be honest .

they quoted me £250 for my phase 1 . i smelt a rat and told them to forget it....

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Had a clutch done by Mr Clutch on my 1.2 16v, not very progressive and used to always stall it. Went else were and got it replaces with a LUK clutch and felt a million times better. The Mr Clutch clutch was fucked!