ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch pedal help me please

A few months ago, my clutch pedal made clicking noises whilst engaged shortly after i was out for a take away nd got in me car put clutch in and sumut snapped luckily take away being rite outside my regular garage i left it their they repaired it 4 free (no parts required) the guy said sumut was dodgey bout the design and if t happened again i would probably need new pedal. Anyway ya guessed it its started clicking again last nite. any ideas what i need to do it how long it takes has any1 else had this? as much info as i cn get would be brilliant. Thanx 4 readin

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sounds like the ratchet adjuster on the clutch pedals worn.fit a new pedal kit(bit fiddly but not to bad)

cheers got one today/yesterday (sat) gonna fit it as soon as the big yellow thing comes up next. i was in scrappy 5 mins to closin couldnt figure out how to get it off, then we spot a renault technican (y) he informed me to remove the bar goin thro pedals:oops:

But the funny thing is why would a renault techi be in scrappy? i wonder if there is a conspiricy that they resell the parts:eek:

;) If hes readin this thanx m8

williams and trophy

yeah mate iv jus done mine last week lol

bit fiddly but the best way is just unbolt the bracket at the l/h/s of the clutch pedal, after the clips on the ends of the bar then pull the bar thru the clutch pedal, remove cable from pedal, take pedal out, pul bar out of brake pedal then rebuild new pedal assy on bar, a bit of isultin tape mite help to keep the 2 plastic locaters in place, cos i had to wriggle the clutch pedal up n down the bar at certain points so i cud get the bar n pedal up to where it shud be

overall bit fiddly but not too bad