ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cobra alarm

Ph1 clio 172
Hi all
Was wondering if any 1 has herd of this prob,
When i press my key fob the alarm starts going off an when it starts you cant turn it off & eventualy it will turn itself off,
any thoughts
cheers cam

BMW F31
^^^ its more than likely the standard fit one!

cam_hoof i have a similar problem with mine, do you mean when you try to unlock the car it sets the alarm off??

Ph1 clio 172
^^^ its more than likely the standard fit one!

cam_hoof i have a similar problem with mine, do you mean when you try to unlock the car it sets the alarm off??

yes that is exactly what happens but you cant turn the dam thing off,
but now i cant even lock it on the fob because it gets upset & starts crying about the 1 job it has to do,

BMW F31
lol mine occasionally unlocks and locks and sometimes doesnt even do that, i was getting sick of having to use the key so i pulled the fuse on the alarm, now if it dont unlock then i just use the key to get in, downside is the alarm doesnt work but it stops me looking like im trying to nick it when i get in now lol!

only solution i can find is a new UCH which is around £300 plus fitting and coding so a bit more. :(

Ph1 clio 172
sounds like a plan i think i shal do the same was your alarm hidden on top of the glove box under the air bag?

BMW F31
yup :)

be aware though that when i replaced the fuse to see if the alarm would work.............. it didnt lol, so pull the fuse but make sure you realise it may never work again. i am at some point gonna rip the whole cobra alarm out of the car, as the problem with my intermittent locking/unlocking is, i think, attributed to a loose wire near the fuse box/UCH as when i hit the glove box it starts working again lol!!

Renaults, dont you just love em!! :D

Ph1 clio 172
lol, love them you meen the bain of my life at the mo,

And as for it never working again, once i get my hands on the f**ker its as good as dead,

i think i will do the same thanks for your help mate let me no how you get on,

BMW F31
will do mate :)

and yes mine is the bain of my life at the mo (and for the last 6 months lol) fix something, something else breaks! lol!

Ph1 clio 172
mine hasnt quite bin six months i only bought it the end of jan this year but have spent prob 2.5k fixing electrical probs and starter motor,tyres, disc,pads the list goes on then my missis got her hands on it,
it never ends but other than that i love my new car,lol

BMW F31
lol i have had to have from memory.

New camshaft oil seals
Disc's & Pads
track rod end
Lower ARB bush
Driveshaft
repaired my gearbox after it split the crown wheel £1k+
clutch
wheel bearing
tyres

and one hell of a lot of misc stuf like replacing interior fan vents at a cost of £40 odd quid :(

i love my car sooooooo much ;)