ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cobra Suzuka now installed

E91 M Sport
A couple of extra seconds getting into the car, no big deal. I spend longer trying to get the key into the ignition. lol (not sure what that says about me).

Uncomfortable? Have you sat in these? They're luxury! Can't slouch in them :)

I'd agree on the comfort side, i once spent 5 hours solid in them driving up the country and didnt suffer any discomfort at all.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
love the momo wheel but what happens to the cruise control on the original wheel?

E91 M Sport
J273 said:
love the momo wheel but what happens to the cruise control on the original wheel?

You can't use it. I find that motorways, etc are so busy now, that its not really an essential feature.

clio 200 F4Rt
how are they fitted to the car?

as i have a set of kevlar Evolutions, that where gonna go in a saxo track car, but are now going in my 182.

so got any close up shots of the mounting??

cheers.

fmp they use a subframe which the sidemounts bolt to. Due to the stupid positioning of the seaframe holes on the clio without drilling the floorpan or welding in a box section with holes in it for the side mounts you'll have to use the subframe. Cobra make a custom low subframe (the one mike has fitted) which is essential (IMO) if you are anything over about 5ft8. You will have to make some mods to some of the plastic trims in the car to fit unless you are stripping all the trims and carpets out but its pretty straight forward.

muz

big fat japanese bus
what does insurance company say about loosing an airbag?

sure that it might make a drastic change as you will be more likely to be injured??

Looks dam sexy though

E91 M Sport
muzz said:
what does insurance company say about loosing an airbag?

sure that it might make a drastic change as you will be more likely to be injured??

Looks dam sexy though

Let's just say that if my face gets smashed in, I won't be compensated ;)

(although that is never going to happen in those harnesses!)

Passengers couldnt even reach the dashboard with stretched out arms in those harnesses, so lets fact it if your head or body connects with the steering wheel it will be game over anyway.

have you got a full size photo like this - or any others - tis a mint car and would like to see some more

front.jpg

E91 M Sport
I bought seats from Loony, who originally had them in his 182.

The seats alone would set you back about £600-700, then you need the subframes + harnesses. Some guys on here sell that kind of thing, so maybe they could do it cheaper, I'm not sure :)

Lionel Richie
miketheman2k said:
I bought seats from Loony, who originally had them in his 182.

The seats alone would set you back about £600-700, then you need the subframes + harnesses. Some guys on here sell that kind of thing, so maybe they could do it cheaper, I'm not sure :)

i'll be posting prices shortly

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Scott-16v! said:
i love your wheels mate they're sh!thot suit it very well:approve: :cool:
buckets look great too.

I agree the wheels are sexy give it that euro look ! :D

Love the seats aswell nice car all round :approve:

was gonna ask....having the fixed seats means very hard if impossible to get in the back init?
but the stupid recliner ones are so much more expensive

E91 M Sport
vic16v said:
but the stupid recliner ones are so much more expensive

....and heavier and higher. These seats are definitely a compromise of practicality. Not a difficult decision though, it went something like this:

Did I spend the previous year with a 2-seater? Yes.

Did it bother me? No!

;)

true true....was just wondering if u push the seats rite foward on the rails...can people squeeze into the bak

E91 M Sport
vic16v said:
true true....was just wondering if u push the seats rite foward on the rails...can people squeeze into the bak

The subframes have several pre-drilled holes, so there aren't sliders. Even on the furthest forward setting you wouldn't be able to squeeze into the back :)

Oh, and even if you could, the harnesses would castrate you ;)