ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coffee Perculator

53 plate 172

Did anybody else realise the 172 now comes with an on-board coffee perculator.

Well at least thats what mine sounded like as I left work tonight, a very loud one too !!

No noise when stationary just when on the move so I got out to check there was nothing stuck underneath the whhel arch etc but too dark to see properly.

I thought it could have been dragging something but when I opened the window the noise didnt get any louder.

After about a mile, the noise disappeared and I carried on with my journey home as normal.

Anybody suffered similar symptons..............???

thanks

Thats odd, I had a noise that could be described as a perculator when I stopped the car after work this evening. I thought it was coming from outside, but when I opened the door it got quieter.

I took out the CD changer cartridge, but it wasnt that. I then noticed that the driver side electric mirror had somehow got jammed on and was in the processes of burning itself out. I pressed the mirror button up and it stopped.

Very strange... :confused:

The other thing to look for is the plastic liner under the bumper. Its got a habit of somehow detaching itself from the bumper and dragging itself along the road. This has now happened in both my 172s and I know that other people have suffered from this too. Both times its been on the drivers side.

That would explain why it stops when you stop. Check the lining underneath the front bumper around where the foglamps are. I used plastic cable ties from Halfords to stop it dragging on the road.

I had one the other day too in my Mk1 Clio.. sounded like the guard in wheel arch was catching wheel but it was perfectly in place when I looked? And it went in a couple of miles?

53 plate 172

Yep, Daz, less than a mile pr:confused:obably

Just had a look now, this plastic liner uder the bumper.......its just round the fog light area, correct? symmetrical on both sides??? If so, seems to be in place, its not uder the number plate.grill, just a piece at either end.

My 172 has developed a noise over the last few days. You cannot hear it at tickover, only when driving along and you put a bit of power down above 3k revs. It sounds to me like air is escaping from somewhere :confused:

Is this the same as yours??

Darren

53 plate 172

Yes it does sound like air escaping Darren but as soon as I move off, regardless of revs etc.

Be interesring to see what it does in the morning, if anything !!

Its reassuring that I am not the only one having this! I thought it was gonna be something expensive!! Is it something to do with the cold weather?

This noise was only noticed after I had all four wheels off. Each one went back on the same way & they are only the standard 15" alloys.

Do you think it could be connected?

I only had mine once.. but I seriously thought Id see some plastic fly out somewhere. I did think it was the crap guard.. but it was so solid.. heh.

Ever since Ive had the bodykit, it seems to attract noise too.. it kinda flicks stones up the front.. then gets flown through the side skirts then lands with a massive bang as it hits the back bumper.. sure theres a Renault man living under me exhaust there chucking stuff out.