ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil pack 172

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello,
Someone replace the coil pack plug on my 172 clio with the one from 1.2 16v clio that is round instead of square. Could there be any differences between the coil packs in terms of specs? The one with round plug and the one with square plug?

Thanks,
Radu

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I don't know, but I wouldn't mess around with it myself, just put one of the original square plugs and a normal 172 coil pack on there. There could certainly be differences. How did this come to happen? Has the car always been running a 1.2 coil pack? Did you just buy the car? I struggle to understand how this could have happened, and exactly what has led up to the situation that you're in.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
This is how I bought the car. I did not really know more about the 172 clio back then.
The car run with the round style plug coil pack since I bought it. It does not run really well and when I want to replace the coil pack...surprise.
I managed to get a plug from a member here and then put it back.
I really did not know if the spark is the same or not.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Right, yeah that makes sense. Does the car run ok now? Mine ran like a swine for a bit, I changed the coil, and it didn't help, then swapped the leads for a set of used magnecors off here, got in it and it felt like a rocket afterwards aha!

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I'm sure if renault could have used the 1.2 coil pack they would have done, but I don't know if the 172 coil pack is exclusive to the 1*2

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
The 172 coil pack is around double the price to the one with round plug. Do maybe is something else there.