ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coil pack and Plugs...

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
My 182 has developed a missfire/running on 3 cylinders.

I don't know the last time it has a plug change so I'm going to ordr a new set of plugs and coilpack.

My question: Do the 2.0 litres have 1 coilpack, 2 or 4 indivdual ones?

Also, where is the cheapest place to get these items from and how much should I be looking to pay to avoid being ripped off? Thanks!

Golf GTD Mk7
1 coil pack. Second hand would be cheapest, but any eurocarparts/GSF i'd imagine.

where you based jay? Might not be coils.

RB FF 182
If it is a spark/coil issue I got my plugs off eBay. The 1*2's are really funny about which plugs they run on, NGK Platinum something or other... do as search and you'll find the right ones.

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
1 coil pack. Second hand would be cheapest, but any eurocarparts/GSF i'd imagine.

where you based jay? Might not be coils.

I'm from Rainford, near St Helens but I actually work in Chorley! Do you have any spares mate? Plugs of coil I could buy off you?

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
If it is a spark/coil issue I got my plugs off eBay. The 1*2's are really funny about which plugs they run on, NGK Platinum something or other... do as search and you'll find the right ones.

It's a 182 mate not a 1.2...

I can't just wang any old cheapo plug in there then? Best gettin them from Renault?

Problem is I need them ASAP as I need the car daily for work :-s

Do they use a single coil pack or seperate ones for seperate cylinders?

330i. E30 Touring.
1 coil pack (mounted on the upper inlet) and leads that run from there to the plugs..

RB FF 182
It's a 182 mate not a 1.2...

I can't just wang any old cheapo plug in there then? Best gettin them from Renault?

Problem is I need them ASAP as I need the car daily for work :-s

Do they use a single coil pack or seperate ones for seperate cylinders?

1*2 is an abbreviation which means both 172 and 182... :)

I've heard they run like shite if you use cheap plugs. I got a full set of the recommended NGK ones off eBay for about £35 I think.

Do a search for spark plugs on here and you'll find the correct ones.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I have a spare coilpack you can have for a tenner, you'd have to collect it though.

Your throwing parts at it. It could be any of the ignition components, or even a lambda sensor! Do you have a fault code? If so get it checked and replace part accordingly.