ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coil problem help please

Renault Clio 182
Hi, I have a clio dynamique s 1.4 06 plate. The problem I am having with this is that for some reason water keeps getting in to the far left side coil pencil and spark plug (nearest the drivers side) which makes the car misfire and just run really badly until I take out the coil pencil and put it back in again. I have bought all new coil pencils but the same thing is still happening to the far left side coil pencil, it just gets rusty with white chalky stuff on the end of the coil pencil. I feel this is what is causing it to misfire. My question is, what could be causing water to get inside of the coil pencil hole? Its not like its filled with water its just a bit damp inside the far left one.
I know its a strange situation just hope some of you could shed some light on this?

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Washer jets not leaking? Front and rear engine bay seals in place? You're not pressure washing the engine?

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for your replys but it has a engine cover on could it still be the hose or jets leaking I tryed looking for a leak but couldn't find one

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you pulled the plug leads yet to see if there is any fluids built up in the plug wells?