ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Help

RB 182
Hi,i have searched this and couldn't find anything.. i have just brought some coilovers, i understand the front set up and understand how to adjust them. But i'm a little confused on the rear set up. I understand that you remove the old spring and rubber at the bottom then fit the new spring and adjuster, which has a bolt going through the bottom of it to hold it in place, then the spring goes on. I know you can just srew the adjuster up and down to adjust the right height but what stops the adjuster moving when your driving as on the front there are like 2 rings which you tighten together to stop it moving? so i'm guessing the rear one doesn't move or am i just being stupid?

any help would be great..

thanks

Clio 172
I would assume that the pressure of the car pushing the spring down would stop it from spinning.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Always wondered this. The GAZ :)() kit for instance uses grub screws in the rear platform. But the H&R kit didnt. So that was wound down fully lol.

RB 182
Which kit do you have mate, because my FK Silverline kit has the two adjuster rings on both the front and back which lock off on each other
I have V max, yer that was what i thought it should have? So you just leave it and hope it doesn't move?