ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover set up cost?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I am thinking of getting some coilovers for the track car but just wondering how much it is to get them set up?
Also whats included in the price is it just corner weighting and ride height or is a full alignment included?

Just working out a budget before I buy them.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It depends who sets them up mate tbh. Prices vary, but you want to get the whole geo setup when its corner weighted ideally.
Alternatively I can set up your geo after the corner weighting if you want?

Would've been able to do the corner weighting at one point, but my scales went kaput.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
It depends who sets them up mate tbh. Prices vary, but you want to get the whole geo setup when its corner weighted ideally.
Alternatively I can set up your geo after the corner weighting if you want?

Would've been able to do the corner weighting at one point, but my scales went kaput.

Cheers mate
My local place that knows what they are doing are TCR but I think he said it was about £250 last time I asked about a year ago, seems a bit expensive?

Clio 182
Corner weight before setting camber/tracking done.
As it's generally only motorsport prep places the cost of corner weighting is the expensive bit, just because they can really.....if it's just a track car I'd be inclined to leave the corner weighting initially and try setting the ride height with a rake on the front, 5-10mm and measuring the heights of all four wheels on a known level surface/ramp. Then get camber/toe done on a decent 4 wheel alignment setup, measuring the rear camber first off to determine what the front should be for a balanced setup with camber bolts.
Even without the corner weighting the above will see a nice improvement and not cost a fortune.
The £250 you mentioned would be what I would expect to pay for corner weighting/geo setup though.