ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover settings?

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
In preparation for Oulton Park later this month I'll be fitting my new H&R coilovers to my 2005 182 Clio cup sometime this week. Can anyone tell me what to set the camber at bearing in mind the car is used mainly on the roads with maybe 2 or 3 trackdays a year?
Thanks in advance.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
I wouldn't really go for much more than 1-1.5 degrees negative if its predominantly a road car. Will be kinder on your wheel bearings too.

Thanks for the quick responce Joe, what I suspected but nice to have some confirmation.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i run at 1.5 and it's ok for road use... i think one of my bearings is on it's way out tho! :(

Out of interest how do your coilovers - running that sort of negative camber - compare to O.E.?

Depends on the springs and setup.

But the more negative the better is grips in the bends the front want to overtake the back though sometimes you need some more rear end grip. However thats right beyond the limit on track.