ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover suspension height

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Hey all, for those who drive their Clio's more aggressively what heights do you have the car set at front and rear? This is for my Twingo with its engine swap but as its basically a Clio 172 but 4 inches shorter I though id rough it out similarly. Plus I'm more likely to get decent answers here as there are more Clio's used properly than Twingo's.

I'm looking to get a comparison of front to rear differences In height for a nice balanced setup when pushing on, I should have similar weight up front to a 172 now with the bigger engine in. Ideally measurements to the bottom of the sill but to the arch will also do if you can help? I want to raise the front of mine but don't want to lift it too high, seeing what a few people have on a half decent setup should give me a ball park figure to set it too (y)

Thanks in advance (y)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I've found the spec for the RS Twingo with and without cup spec so if aim for the same difference between front and back just slightly lower it should have a similar balance at a guess? or even just a decent starting point (y)

RSride height2.PNG
RSride height.PNG

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah probably but ill do that further down the road. As above I'm looking to just set it somewhere close, I might decide the suspension is no good with the new engine and extra weight up front anyway so it may end out come off for something different.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
My cup packed 133 on h&r springs really did handle better than my 172 cup on bilsteins. I'd set it up exactly like that, never managed to unstick it despite driving like a utter wanker.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Motorworks around the back of Ford on Bristol Rd do corner weight as and when you are ready. Pretty cool little set up they have there.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Best setup I would think would be to get it corner weighted as there is probably a good chunk of extra weight at the front now. Somewhere like avo, bilstein ect would be able to advise on spring rates for the front. I think rears will be pretty similar to standard. I am not quite sure what to do with mine as a have taken lots of weight out of it so probably ruined it lol. I have some 172 avo adjustables to try on the rear.