ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers and speedbumps

vauxhall corsa vxr
just wondering how people cope with the little ones that aqre in the centre of the road mine scrapes no matter how i try and get round it

Clio 197
do you have a undertray fitted? i had one on my old bravo that had sagged and caught on alot of things! yours is pretty low though!

CLIO PH1 172
go up and over one side (drivers side so the exhaust don't catch) don't go over with the bump in the middle

Or do what I do - try to find another route :eek:

vauxhall corsa vxr
if i go over them on my drivers side the jacking points scrape is what i mean and all im asking is how others do it besides raising the car back up

Ph1 Williams No: 112
Used to just hold up traffic waiting to drive inbetween them. They're not even the worse ones, those hard plastic ones that are usually in a car park used to ruin my undercarriage.. no way of getting round those except take it like a man.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
My 182 was pretty low and never scraped on a bump... just go slower. if you can get a tennis ball under nothing should be a problem.

vauxhall corsa vxr
It's only the jacking points it's scraping over it just sounds bad and it's causing a few spikes underneath the car will get some pics in a bit

Ph1 Williams No: 112
Thanks Tommy I'm just hearing horrendous scraping followed by stares off people

I do miss the 'ouch, gotta hurt' look and lip reading as i used to go over bumps, in a weird kind of way. You'll learn to love the sound of scraping.

vauxhall corsa vxr
Tried half on half off and still heard scraping lol it is stupidly low but love it and yeah tommy seen them looks last night off a few people the oooo that doesn't sound good

CBR1000RR Fireblade
If you want silly low then put it on air so it can be raised when need be.

Apart from that then Raise it up

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Take them at an angle, as said.

Underside of my car is full of tarmac, stones, paint from speedbumps and dents where the subframe hits the floor everyday :D

German V6
if you've got the money then airbags are the perfect option but thats a long shot lol , just take them slowly and go half on half off i seem to find that helps.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You can also get an airbag/coilover combo too, think it's around 400/500 for the front? Can't remember.

Set the stance with the coilovers and the bags raise the coils for speedbumps, then back down again to the originally set height.

EDIT: £300 ^

Last edited:
  Homo spec mazda
My mk3 was never ever beached on anything, even with custom springs so you shouldnt have a problem, just wince and take the noise.