ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers fitted! Mine and Anthony's drive out.

535d / t5 caravelle
forgot about this lol, i had issues with a gearbox they rebuilt on my valver only lasted a few months and they never repaired it, a mate of mine took his 2.0l 16v nova there ( back in the day, when they where half decent, 2.0l nova's not protec ) had talks with them about fitting carbs, they said they would fit them if he sourced them, so he went and bought top b****cks carbs set up for it, left his car with them for a couple of months, to find out they half fit the carbs, didn't know what they where doing and left him with a car, that had to be towed away to a place in leicester who knows his s**t with carbs, he then had to undo what protec had fucked up, and fit the set up properly, ended up costing him a fortune, shelled out for protec, then for towing, then for the proper job at leicester, he was not happy! there have been other problems with them, with freinds of freinds etc, but i cant recall exactly what they where, i'm sure if i asked my mate, the stories would roll and roll and ....................................................

Civic Type S GT
I'll be honest there was something dodgy about, something just not quite right. I do keep wondering now wether my coilovers have been fitted correctly or not, keep getting thoughts of turning a corner and the whole thing come apart, lol!

535d / t5 caravelle
i'd get them checked pal, my valver was also rollong roaded at 150 odd brake there when it was just chipped, 2.0l 16v nova was 117bhp, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, unit 8 in darwen have a very good name, think they do jap stuff, but i'm sure they can manage a clio, i'll be going there with my next car i think.

535d / t5 caravelle
sorry i ment throttle boddies on the nova, not carbs, think it was a weber set up, there were'nt many kits available back in those days, and protec took on a job they clearly had no idea about, and made a right f**k up of it.