ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COLD CATHODE

right - just been down to maplins and got one of them 12v cold cathode jobbies. i want to run it off the glovebox or boot light.

by doing this, do i loose the light from the original light?

on the cathode power supply thingy, theres a red and black cable - which one goes to which on the boot / glovebox light cables, as these are black one anda grey one

any help on fitting??

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Right you wont loose the original light !!

You wire the black wire from the power supply thingy to the grey one on the glovebox/ boot light.
yOU WIRE THE RED WIRE FROM THE POWER SUPPLY THINGY TO A CONSTANT LIVE !! So that way the lights should only come on when you open the boot or a door !!

If you splice the above wires into each other then it all should work fine.

Good luck and may the force be with u !!
If u blow everthing up then erm well erm, it wasnt me who told u how to do it !!

wheres the nearest constant live?

and how would i set it up so its always on, such as for use under the footwell to light up feet?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

oi u cheeky bugger !! I have just installed these in my car very succesfully !!

As for having em on constantly the just wire it into your cigarette light !! A constant live and negative are found there !!

OK - theres a pale blue and a grey cable powering the standard glovebox light.

on the cathode light, theres a RED and a BLACK cable.

which cable do i connect the red to, and which do i connect the black to?????

HELPPPPPPPPP!

SOLUTION - for glovebox fittment, join red wire to pale blue, and black wire to grey.

ive mounted mine under the silver strip on the dash, over the top of the glovebox. u cant really see it when glovebox is closed or open as its quite tucked away. but when glovebox opens BOBS UR UNCLE! L ET THERE BE LIGHT!!. im really impressed with the light these give off! not to mention the 10bhp increase for every tube you fit! excellent! result!

now - im after fitting one or two in my boot. however, when i pulled out the boot light, its a different story from the glovebox one. theres 3 wires going into it. 2 green, and one grey - i think.

does ayone know which wires i connect to which for boot fittment???

thanks

I may be another who now thinks that cathodes truly kick ass over neons!! they rule!!! so much effect, small price, and quite compact units. im a cathode man from now on! LOL

Renaultsport Clio 182

these things have now doulbed in price! used to be 4.99 now 9.99!

Still cheaper then neons!

i paid 5.99 for mine yesterday, they had increased a quid from when i origianally heard about them!!

u reckon theyvbe put the price up due to a mad rush of clio owners buying them maybe?

skanking b******s!!! - oh well, poor PC modders have to pay extra due to no cause of their own!! LOL, arent we scum!

however - im gonna take a pic of my glovebox mod 2nite when its dark, and post it up 2moro.

Renaultsport Clio 182

i been intrested to see that coz i am thinking about putting some in the footwell to come on when the door is opened like the interior lights!

and then some in the boot on a switch or maybe when the boot is opened!

May send as for your help on a few things when i get rounf to do it!

What clour did you go for? what colour is you exterior amd interior?

i got blue ones. mines a black car with charcoal and blue billabong interior.

fit them to stay on in the footwells, looks cool.

and if u wire the new light into the old one, it will come on and off as the old one did. eg: on opening of boot / glovebox

Renaultsport Clio 182

i think am going for blue too, i ahve the black dyni interior and sliver exterior

are they easily broken? Are they glass? i have bid feet and dont wanna lkick em in the footwells and break em!

May put them in a placky tube to protect them more

they are very thin (not a bad thing tho), made of glass and i imagine could snap easily. but if u hide em well under the footwells, eg: right at the front yet hidden behind the plastic trim, then im sure no feet will disturb them, they should be sound. by the way, ive heard purple looks cool, but ive always had blue, and recon it looks ace!