ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold engine bay

Bit of weird one this but just after a 190 mile trip I decided to lift up the bonnet, not sure if this is normal but the inlet plenum and fuel rail guard were cool. I know the electric fan helps prevent everything overheating but I never knew it was that efficient lol. Granted it was pissing down with rain during most of my journey but is this normal?

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
long motorway journey? lots and lots of cold air rushing through the inlet mate. will get cold. get some ptfe gaskets to reduce the temps more.

long motorway journey? lots and lots of cold air rushing through the inlet mate. will get cold. get some ptfe gaskets to reduce the temps more.
Aye it was mostly motorway the journey, I figured the cold air rushing through the grill would help the temp of the engine bay but wasn't expecting it be nearly cold lol

was the car running fine? no problems sounds normal to me
It did feel a little strangled on the motorway but that could have just been me being paranoid because as soon as I got off the motorway it felt nippy again.

yep normal mate, mine is even better with PTFE gaskets, but leave it sitting in traffic for 5 minutes and its not long in becoming bloddy hot lol

Lol yeah I know what you mean, when I had it running on my drive for abit I noticed how hot it got, burnt my hand on the fuel rail guard.

Golf V6 4Motion
the gaskets do help to reduce temps quite a lot - of course eventually when sat in traffic baking 'an oven is an oven' lol and will just heat everything up but even still every little helps.