ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Running Problem/Low Revving Valver

I know loads of you have of this problem too and as of now, I dont think anyone has found the answer......until now!

My car recently went in to get a new ISCV as the old one was knackered, and this helped the running a bit, but didnt solve it.

So I decided to leave it at the garage all week as I didnt need it and let my mate take a look and see if he could fix it.

Picked it up today, and he said he has adjusted/reset the throttle position switch. Not sure if thats what he said cos its all just jargon to me! lol!

Anyway, I took it for a drive and all seemed well, but most of the time the problem was when it was left idling. After a few hours I (to let it cool down) I started it up and let it idle until it got warm.

The result......the needle didnt move from 900rpm! If you rev it, it drops back down to 900rpm and never below, as opposed to before when it seemed to drop to about 5-600rpm.

& the best bit.....didnt charge me for it!

Hope this helps some of you out.

Tom

No idea what is it, where it is, what to do with it! lol!

Do I sound like I know what Im talking about! hehe!

Wait for Ben R, Im sure hell tell you the answer.

Titanium 182

hi mate, i dont think this is my prob, as it starts and basically goes dead straigh off!

lack of air but iv got another idea, and will hopefully sort it

thanks D

Quote: Originally posted by Dean on 27 October 2003

hi mate, i dont think this is my prob, as it starts and basically goes dead straigh off!
I know mate, I was referring to Adams_16vs post, thats why I quoted it! lol!

the TPS or potentiometer is teh red thing attatched to the throttle spindle. It sends info to the ECU regarding throttle posisition via increasing voltage/current. I cant remeber the values for 0 when you reset it but basically all you need is a multimeter to check the output and move it until it meets said value, then check at WOT.

If he reset it just ask him what zero TPS value he used.

Idle problems can occur if you touch teh throttle when starting and itll take a bit to settle, or the speedo drive sender.

have fun guys lol..........

Will this be why I have to start my car 10 mins early in the morning?

Start it once, dies streight away. Restart, chugs for a min or two then briefly pics up then dies. Restart chugs for a bit then ok once warm, while its still chuggin the accelerator has inverse effect.

Varys between 1 restaRT (around 10 deg c) up to 3 or 4 restart at <1 deg c

Thought it was my air temp sensor and coolant tremp sensor but have changed these and still probs. havent had garage check ECU diagnosis but before changing sensors they said both were faulty at low ranges.

Runs perfect once warm though :)

Clio Williams2

Lambda? me? Worth a try as ir just screws in doesnt it (apart from soldering wires), my last 1 got dirty when i had a new exhaust (last car) causing it to fail on emisions. All these sensors are obviously good but they are annoying, I disconnected mt air temp sensor whilst idling - no difference! how many sensors could i have which dont work or have faulty connections and i dont even know it because of the subtle effects they have.