ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold start clio running rough

Renault clio 1.2 16v
Hi all I'm new to this forum, my girlfriends clio 1.2 16v Dymanique is having a bad time, on start up from cold it feels like it's misfiring and a bit lumpy, once it is warm and up to temperature it is pretty much ok, now it has been into the garage, they have changed the plugs, ht leads and a coil pack, also it has had a compression test which was ok, when the engine management light came on it was showing a faulty lambda sensor, the guys at the garage don't think it is the lambda sensor, they are a bit stuck and so am I, any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, Chris.

Volvo S40
Injector(s)?

Edit: you might get more responses if you post in a different section. Try Engine etc or Faults.

Teg
I would also doubt it's the lambda sensor.

A lambda sensor has zero effect on cold start and cold running as it'll be in open loop.. Once it's reaches operating temperature then it will go into closed loop.

Focus RS + S3
interested in this,

mines dreadful when cold, but upto temp it drives with no issues, also now and again on a cold start, i get an erratic idle for the first few seconds.

its had new plugs, and i havent cleaned the throttle body for a few thousand miles so thats my next job