ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Starting Problems

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
I've done a quick search, but none of the problems to be the same as this one.

The car (Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8V) won't start when cold unless you give it some gas, basically the longer u turn the key without pushing the throttle, the more gas u have to give it to start it.

The car idles fine once started, and starts fine when warm. It's only happened in about the last week, but we've only had the car for about 9 months.

Ordinarily it wouldn't be a big deal, but its my sister's car and she's off to university on her own in September and isn't technically 'savvy' when it comes to cars.

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
yeh thats exactly it, tap the throttle while turning the key and it catches, fine once its fired, no rough idle or anything.

Megane
try it then i reckon it will do the trick. it is situated above the gearbox and is a butterfly shaped senor all you need is a a 10 ml socket and ratchet no guarntees tho senor itself is between 10 and 30 pound. if you can get it diagnosed at a garage try that first if not go with that sensor.